3x3: best swimming pool scenes

Syriana: you know there’s a problem with the fitting on the light in the pool but the only hint you get that someone has been electrocuted is the house lights dimming for a moment where the kid’s dad is. Understated, nuanced, horrifying.

I was thinking about that one, but it’s just too squirmy for me.

The Legacy. Mostly a boring movie with a very swimming-underwater-phobia inducing scene.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Nightmare on Elm Street 2

Does that waterlogged section of the ship in Alien: Resurrection count as a pool?

I hated that movie for the most part, but I remember the swimming aliens being rather graceful.

Scorpio’s first kill in Dirty Harry was the first one that popped into my mind. Great building of tension and dread.

Ludivine Sagnier, “Swimming Pool.” Woooah, nudge nudge, say no more, etc.

Oh god yes. Excellent pick.

3.Harold and Maude- really just a quick joke but a great character establishing moment. Harold’s mom swims a lap right pass one of Harold’s fake suicide attempts while Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto 1 is played in the background.
2. It’s a Wonderful Life- Tis the season.

1. Sunset Boulevard- Billy Wilder was originally going to start the film in a morgue, panning past a line of bodies and when the camera landed on one, the body in a voiceover would explain how they die with the camera not bothering to stop for any of them to finish their story before it landed on William Holden. Wilder decided it would be too corny and we ended up with what I think is a better start.

Right, it was Vacation that had the motel pool scene with Billy Joel’s ex-wife and the old guy from Community. But it was Christmas Vacation that had a daydream sequence about the pool he was going to buy with his Christmas bonus.

A Good Year, when Max is stuck in the pool.
Also, The Stooges Three, nun in a bikini, hummina…

QFMFT

Swimming Pool was mentioned BUT I DON’T CARE
ai
Poltergeist

QFMFT Squared.

Although Fast Times certainly popped instantly into my head as well.

Wild Things: This has got to be the sexiest movie ever, and the swimming pool scenes are top-notch in that regard as well.

Ugh…the other two I have is at the tip of my tongue - A highschool horror movie, and a japanese horror movie as well…dammit, I’ll have to add them both when I get home as see the titles.

All of them are already mentioned, but anyway:

Gremlins
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Sexy Beast

Pics or none of these happened!!

Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, though I guess technically that was a bathtub.

I’m pretty sure we can’t post any of the pics from Swimming Pool, Fast Times, or Wild Things. Well maybe Wild Things. Oh hey, DailyMail handily blurred out the boobs for me.

OOOH OOOH ALPHA DOG

Do the death scenes in Scarface and The Omega Man count?

“No! Those were fountains!”

Okay then.