America's Got Talent trick - how?

That’s Regis’ style - it’s a more self-aware style than most hosts, and he’s a bit more willing to poke fun at himself and the show. I think he’s ok.

OK, so the finale was last night, results tonight.

This is different from American Idol. With A.I., since everyone was singing, it was somewhat easier to rank order them, with room for debate among the top 3 or so. But all the acts are different on ‘Talent’, so there’s a lot more personal taste involved.

The jugglers did not impress me much - decent comedy, but the trick itself was underwhelming. They also underwhelmed me in their previous appearance.

Rappin’ Granny impressed me ever so slightly more than last time, moving her from 1 star to 1.5 stars in my book (or a 7.1 on the 7 to 9 scale). Hopefully she doesn’t win.

I liked the 5 man dance act.

I liked the 4 man harmony singing act.

I skipped through the girl singer (seen too much of that on A.I.)

I agree with Piers that, while QuickChange is amazing the first time you see them, they barely change their act. I don’t think they should win.

I liked Celtic Spring, but agree that the little kid should not be in the act (yet). The parents are fine if they’re in the back flanks.

I also agree with Piers that the harmonica kid and his brother got worse this time, with the performance featuring more of the mediocre singing brother, and even the harmonica kid’s act seems to get a little thin (ner) the second time around. And none of the judges commented on this, but it seemed like the singing brother forgot the words multiple times within the song. That, or he just mumbles the lyrics REALLY badly.

The yodeling/singing country girl was cute. I don’t think she should win, but I can see an actual career for her somehow, as a novelty act and or with actual country singing accented occasionally with the yodeling.

I think I’m forgetting one act - oh well…

Overall, I guess I’d lean towards either Celtic Spring, the 5 man dance group, or the 4 man singing group. Probably a slight nod to Celtic Spring just because it’s kind of cool that it’s a family thing for them - echoes of ‘The Sound of Music’. Also, they’re combining two talents well (instruments and dancing).

[edit - The other act was the male female acrobatic/ballet thing. They were pretty good, but I don’t see them as the winners]

I pretty much agree with everything you jus said…Except I find Celtic Spring a little annoying. So my first pick would be the four guys singing or the five guys dancing. The little girl singer was really good though, and will most likely win.

So the girl singer won.

I had sorta fast forwarded through her performance Wednesday, so I rewatched it after she won.

She didn’t really impress me. I was surprised after she sang how lavishly the judges praised her. I’m not much on conspiracy theories, but I wonder if the show producers had her locked up for a record deal (as opposed to the other acts which wouldn’t be so easy to commercialize in that way…)

All those crazy and awesome acts and the winner was… a singer? PFFFT.

I thought for the most part the producers did a good job of distancing this show from American Idol by keeping out A.I.-like singers.

And then of course, the winner is the only singer in the finals who is basically like all the A.I. singers, albeit ~5 years younger…

I was surprised that girl managed to stay on her feet when her name was announced. She probably toppled directly over as soon as the credits ended.

I also just want to state for the record that that Italian dude who tap-danced on his heads seems like he will make an extremely awesome grandpa someday.