Animated adaptation of The Killing Joke

Coming sometime in 2016

With Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, thankfully. There’s a trailer and some behind-the-scenes stuff at that link, though I’ve not watched those yet since I’d rather not see bits and pieces before release.

This is gonna be great!

So, so on board.

“Batman v Joker: The Dawn of Oracle”

Who voices Jaz and Geordie?

Here’s a little more in-depth look at the making of the movie.

That was great, thanks!

Holy heck.

R rated!

“From the start of production, we encouraged producer Bruce Timm and our team at Warner Bros. Animation to remain faithful to the original story — regardless of the eventual MPAA rating,” said Sam Register, president of Warner Bros. Animation & Warner Digital Series, in a statement. “The Killing Joke is revered by the fans, particularly for its blunt, often-shocking adult themes and situations. We felt it was our responsibility to present our core audience — the comics-loving community — with an animated film that authentically represented the tale they know all too well.”

There are currently no plans for an edited PG-13 version of the film.

Thanks, Oba–Deadpool!

Excellent.

Oh. I really was excited for this, but not so much now.

Official trailer: https://youtu.be/SnTSqgJPVl8

That animation looks awful.

Yeah, that’s pretty terrible. Sometimes it seems fine, sometimes it seems like it’s struggling to hit 22fps. Not sure what that’s all about.

I don’t want to come off as overly critical of a trailer, but I was really underwhelmed with even the art.

The whole thing looked cheap as hell.

I thought it looked fine.

Not just a river in Egypt, indeed! :)

But seriously, I’m sure it’s going to be fine in general, and maybe some of that trailer was slowed down to be a little more stylish or something, too. I’ll definitely watch it, of course.

Some parts looks like a really bad flash animation, others are poorly draw and boring, and the best scenes looks like episode #451 of some batman tv serie.

My thoughts exactly. Looks like it came straight out of the old Batman cartoon. Great show, but the animation doesn’t stand up to today’s standards. Feels like they cheaped-out on this :(

I read Killing Joke ages ago. But I can’t remember if that was the graphic novel that included what may very well be my favorite line about the Joker and his inconsistent portrayals over the years. When asked why he was sometimes simply a felonious clown, while at other times a homicidal maniac, the doctor in charge of him responded that every day the Joker awakes and forms his psyche anew.

That always stuck with me as particular chilling, if so.

Yeah, that bit of batman walking through the prison, wow, that looks awful. Like, I can see the individual frames for Batman’s walk animation, and it’s like 5 frames. It’s not like that in other spots, so I’m not sure if they were going for a style there or what.

I could watch Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill sitting in chairs reading from the comic directly and I’d buy it on Blu-ray, honestly, so I’m likely biased, but again I don’t see what you guys are seeing. It looks just like normal animation to me.