Ben Affleck to direct Justice League?

Perhaps he will shave his head and play Martian Manhunter.

You’d like that, wouldn’t you?

No, no. Please God, no. Wasn’t fucking up Daredevil enough for you, Ben?

Maybe they’ll work out some crazy cross-universe plot and he can reprise the role?

Yeah, let Daredevil be included in the JLA. I’d enjoy witnessing the massive nerd rage.

If this happens it’s the nail in the DC live action movie universe.

Just stick to the animated stuff guys.

I can’t see how any live action Justice League movie is going to beat the animated Justice League. Too costly, too many actor egos to stroke, too much opportunity to screw it up in general.

Avengers turned out pretty good. Just because it’s unlikely doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

I think Avengers had every advantage it could have before it even started production, which I don’t feel is the same situation with JLA. In fact, I’d say JLA is starting with every disadvantage possible.

It is the difference between Nolan’s Batman and Burton’s Batman and whether or not the writers/directors/producers even try to have a gestalt understanding of the character and which story directions over the years sucked and which ones are brilliant. The primary difference in this case being Burton actually makes fantastic movies with the exclusion of Batman. Affleck hasn’t shown any ability when it come to superheroes. Quite the opposite imnsho.

The way I’d do it if I was in charge is the exact opposite of the Marvel way:

I’d do ONLY Justice League movies. No individual Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman movies for the first few years(at least 2 JL movies). I’d get the audience used to seeing group comic book action, which would then make Marvel’s Ironman/Thor/CA movies look lame.

Cast talented people who aren’t big stars yet, get them cheap and sign them up for 2 or 3 JL movies. This is the part where a gamble needs to be taken. I want Batman to be ONLY Batman to the audience, I don’t want it to be a big star playing Batman. I’m thinking of the Game of Thrones tv show as an example. A great ensemble cast of people who, except for Sean Bean, really brought no baggage with them in terms of audience expectations.

At that point, the audience will be primed for individual movies, and you’d have an idea of who is working out well in terms of acting and who needs to be replaced.

Whut?

Planet Of The Apes? Sleepy Hollow? Charlie And The Chocolate Factory? Alice in Wonderland? And he produced Cabin Boy.

Batman wasn’t great but it was better than any of those.

But yeah, Ben Affleck? I don’t know about his directing skills but I refuse to see a film with him acting in it.

You lost me at “Whut?”.

Have you not seen The Town? How about The Company Men? Both great films where his acting was quite good and quite different for each role.

Hell, I thought he even made a believable bully-prick in Dazed & Confused, a very early role for him.

Too bad about that Daredevil thing, though.

You think all of Burton’s films are fantastic - you were already lost.

I think you guys are misinterpreting claybob. When he said that Burton “makes fantastic movies with the exclusion of Batman”, I believe he meant that his movies are, with the exception of Batman, fantasies, not that every Burton film is great except for Batman. But perhaps I’m wrong.

Affleck as a director… I guess I would be curious to see how that worked out even though I don’t care about Justice League. If he acts in it, I’m not sure. I’ve liked him more in recent stuff but I’m not sold 100% yet. Maybe Argo will finally win me over (haven’t seen Company Men though).

I’d rather see a Justice Society movie.

Yes. Thank you. The other part of my point was my disappointment in how he used (or abused) the source material.

Ben Affleck Says Fack No to Justice League

Holy fuck that is an awesome monster.