Doctor Strange - Marvel's sorceror supreme KHAAAAAAN

http://marvel.com/news/movies/23754/benedict_cumberbatch_to_play_doctor_strange

Benedict Cumberbatch has entered the world of the mystic arts.
The actor will star in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” scheduled to hit theaters November 4, 2016. The film, directed by Scott Derrickson with Jon Spaihts writing the screenplay, will follow the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.

Smaug waves his wand

I’m good with this.

Finally!

I’m good with this, I’d’ve preferred Phoenix as he had both the great actor thing and the “looks exactly like Dr. Strange” thing. But Cumberbatch definitely has the great actor thing, and his looks are manageable.

Good move by Marvel, continuing their tradition of getting actually good actors to play superheroes.

(Btw, there was another thread about the Dr. Strange movie what I started, which seems to have disappeared. Not that I mind, this one has a better title :) )

Cumberbitch.

Not that there is anything wrong with that; I am actually a huge fan, if somewhat in Benedict fatigue.

I remember. I looked for it, but it seems to have been eaten in one of the server moves. We lost the Terminator “Genesis” thread as well. :/

He’s in danger of being a tad overexposed these days. Still, plenty of time for his presence to simmer down a bit before Doctor Strange.

I see what happened now, because I’m an idiot I put “Doc Strange” in the title, which sounds cool but isn’t the natural thing someone would put in for a search, like “Dr. Strange”, “Dr Strange” or “Doctor Strange”.

By the many moons of Munnipoor, the old thread shall die, and the new one shall arise!

(I wonder if Marvel’s going to have the balls to let Cumberbatch have a go at saying some of those charactistically Doc spells - I bet you he’s one of the few actors who might just be able to pull it off :) )

I’m tired of him, to be honest. But as someone to stand there amidst all the explosions and shouting that ends all Marvel films, I guess he’ll be fine.

He has such nice things to say about you, though. Can’t you just act like you like him? It would mean a lot to your mother and I.

I’m dismayed that if he’s cast as Dr. Strange, he’ll be less likely to play the role he was born for: Morpheus in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s “Sandman” movie.

Because if he were cast for all these roles, he would suffer Cumberbacklash.

Sandman movie? Yes please!

You heard it here first folks! :)

Chiwetel Ejiofor will play Baron Mordo

That’s great.

He’s got the perfect forehead for it. (And, y’know, he’s a good actor.)

Great casting. It’ll be interesting to see the intelligent exchanges between those two.

Tilda Swinton confirmed as the Ancient One. And she’s a self-proclaimed Marvel fan!

Sorry to be all gushy and post sketchy site pics of Cumberbatch and Chiwetel Ejiofor in Patan, Nepal, from CBM, but I’m so excited, I have to pinch myself to believe that this is actually being made - it really is being made! And judging by these set pics it looks like it’s going to have the classic origin story pretty much.

First official pics:

So that’s totally an Infinity Gem in his broach, right?