Does advertising quiet act APPLY TO INTERNET ADS (CAPITALONE LOOKING AT YOU)

CAPITALONE I WILL NOT USE YOUR CARD BECAUSE YOU ARE SO LOUD AND ANNOYING

I found I’ve been watching a lot of Youtube videos lately, something I haven’t done in the past. I guess I’m slow on the latest “trends” of da youts. A big batch of stuff I watch are Conan O’Brien and Stephen Colbert 3-4 minute clips from their shows. Most ads are OK, but when CapitalOne ads come on, especially Samuel L. Jackson (but including the Jennifer Garner ones) - they are way too punchy, and way too fricking loud. I love Sam Jackson but I’m starting to revile him because of those commercials.

As the title of this thread asks, does the Quiet Act apply to just tv/radio or is mainstream Internet commercial advertising inlcuded? If it is not exempt I am reporting this to the FCC as not only am I going deaf from it, but I’m wearing out the mute button my my keyboard.

I did send an email to CapitalOne lol. I sent an e-mail to the “abuse” department. I know they mean phishing scams, but I figure eardrum abuse should also be considered.

Are you referring to the CALM Act? It doesn’t appear to cover Internet ads:

Q: Do these rules also apply to radio commercials or commercials on the Internet?
A: No, the CALM Act only applies to commercials aired on television.

Oh yes that’s what I was looking for. Thanks. Sorry for the loud and obnoxious post :)

There are probably several scripts to automatically mute the video while ads are playing.

I would have thought the FTC would be a better place to complain than the FCC.

Ugh… been watching MST3K on Pluto TV on my Apple TV and holy smokes, the ads are at least ten times louder than the show. I’m not exaggerating. I was dozing off watching The Killer Shrews (a classic!) and nearly had a heart attack when an ad blaring obnoxious hip hop music came on.

I sent a complaint to Pluto TV, hopefully it won’t fall on deaf ears (haha, get it?).