Epic Manager Is On Steam

Oh, thanks for the heads up. I’ll see if I can find some time to fire it up and determine if I still hate the battle system.

I was just coming here to post this. I’m looking forward to playing 1.0

I’m sure I could find this out by scrolling upthread, but I thought one of the first major updates they did was make battles entirely optional. I hope that’s the case, as the whole point in a game like this for me is to take a more hands-off role.

bumped…its out…go get 'em Tom !!

This is a D&D high-fantasy game, right? Why is there a little comic guy with a headset and microphone prominently featured on all of the videos on the steam page? Is he in the actual game?

Umm, sort of I guess, but that’s kind of overstating it. It’s very cartoony, in both appearance and delivery. It’s “D&D high-fantasy” in the sense that you have druids and bards and wizards and you kill goblins, but the rest of it isn’t.

Effectively, the setup of the game is that you’re a team of adventurers competing against other teams, like a league in a game like Football Manager (hence Epic Manager). It’s more like a sport/competition game but instead of shooting a ball through a hoop you shoot a fireball through a goblin’s face.