Frops-4 Wasps-0

Since I had another wasp story recently, I just had to share this new one! I have not been outside in quite a while since I’ve been sick and on a disappointing amount of Oxygen. But today I could breathe and had a good day and for the first time got outside to see how our poor frops had done over the winter. Their winter habitat has been losing water, so I was really afraid few if any would survive. But I heard some croaking and saw a frop in the frog beach. Armed with waxworks I headed outside to give them some much needed nourishment.

It took the frogs some time to remember that humans are the good guys and bringeth yummy food. So I spent about 30 minutes tossing waxworks from a distance desparetly trying to get one close enough for them to see wiggle and eat. But while I was tossing worms with the accuracy of a drunk rabbit, I was getting severely annoyed by the wasps that were heading down to take water from the bog for their nest (which I have not found). While this was going on I spotted a little baby frog, only the size of a quarter, and that little girl grabbed one of the demonic heathens as it was about to touch down. Somehow the wasps didn’t pick up on the danger present and after one frog saw the little one eat a wasp, the others were all excited to go after the circling menaces. Over the next 10 minutes I saw them take 3 more wasps. I kind of watched in fascination and extreme worry that the frogs, still thin from winter, would have their little stomachs perforated by the wasps, but I didn’t really see any pain or reaction from them post dinner.

So right now the score is Frops 4 and Wasps 0. Maybe the score is even better since I wasn’t out there the whole day! I just hope I don’t find 4 dead frogs out there tomorrow. Hard to find good information on how our specific breed of frog, Rana Clamitans (Green Frog) handles venomous bugs.

Thanks for reading my little story :)

Where’s this forum’s “like” button?

The Internet is crying out for Frops comics!

From what I looked at wasps are a pretty common treat for most frogs.

BRB, building a frog pond on my balcony.

Frogs eating wasps is a good thing. Nice that you have some wasps around for the frogs to eat.

I’m definitely rooting for the frops. Wasps are jerks!

Any ally is welcome in the everwar against those malicious little bastards.

Great story, jp ;)

Hmm… BRB, designing a frop suit.

Am I the only one wondering what the fruck is a frop?

See here.

Yeah, thanks. Now I’m left wondering what everyone in 2008 thought to be the coolest thing on Qt3, without any means of finding out… (the pictures that show all that undoubtly cool stuff don’t load anymore, and the links are dead).

Aaaaaargh! :-)

I know, right! Jeff, get some pictures for us poor sods who weren’t around in 2008 to admire your frog hotel, please :)

He just moved the site. Photos are still up at http://fropbog.com/The%20Frop%20Bog%20Page%201.htm

Nice!

Thanks, very cool indeed!

Yes, wonderful! Now I want to do something like that. First I’d need a house though…

Go Frops!

That is all

Friday and Saturday were good days and we got a lot of preparatory work done getting ready for 6 tons of dirt and bricks to help fill everything in and landscape. It is pretty terrifying the amount of work we have lined up. I just hope I don’t have a year like last year or we won’t be able to pull into the driveway for literally a year or more.

At any rate, we were outside all day Friday and Saturday and I was amazed by something I didn’t see. Not a single wasp. None, nada, zippo. I think our frogs ate every single worker and the queen ran out of food and drink. Maybe she’s got more larva on the way, but none for right now! Bad thing though is we found two dead frogs, at the bottom of our new, not finished canal-bog. One was quite large and had died very recently as there was almost no decay. Not sure if that happened because they got fed too much, maybe a predator whacked him on head or the massive hailstorm we had hurt him. There was also a smaller frog in there but that one my have gotten exhausted by not being able to find a way out since it’s not a proper home yet til we get plants in there and the waterfall working so the water level is at a height where frogs can get out wherever they like…

I’d like to show pictures of the backyard, but it literally looks like a 4 year old designed this while high on crack. No wait, it looks like world War I, someone had a yard sale amoungst the trenches and was subsequently shelled by artillery.

Jeff, I love your updates on this stuff. Never stop :)

Not just because I loathe wasps with every fiber of my being, either!