Frost: The Solo Survival Deckbuilder

I believe the dev is new to mobile development, surely if asked nicely he could look into this (I would hope).

Truth be told, this is less an issue for me than it has been in the past, because I am using a mini-tripod stand:

https://www.amazon.com/iStabilizer-tabFlex-Universal-Flexible-Tablets/dp/B00D11SPHA/

Another big content update has hit both the Steam and iOS version (I can only assume the Android version will be updated any day now as well), called, “Beyond the Wall”:

It adds 2 new mechanics, a few cards based off these new mechanics, 2 new scenarios (with each featuring 1 of the new mechanics as 1 of the character’s on-call abilities), and various fixes.

I’m enjoying this one. I like the art style, but some of the artwork seems too amateurish. I would gladly have made him a few more pleasing drawings of people’s heads!

One question. The cleaver’s 25% chance of getting wood never, ever seems to work for me in the “Family” scenario. It does work occasionally in the classic scenarios. Is the cleaver bugged?

I haven’t seen this and don’t believe it’s bugged in the Family scenario, but to be honest, I can’t make the claim with 100% certainty.

I’ll keep trying, then. It’s a cool little game!

[details=Fresh Start & Companions extension is out!]
Discover the new Pets cards, the new Scenario and the Custom Game mode!

Features…

• Custom Games! Standard and Hard modes have been taken out so you can craft your own set of difficulty settings
  • New Scenario: The Guidance. Gather animal pets and lead them to the Refuge
  • Pets! You can find them as a Resource but they offer valuable options
  • New Survivors portraits
  • New zooming options for people with sight troubles and people with small devices
  • Graphic quality options have been cleaned and set up. “Simplest” setting should work fine on older computers.
  • Cleaner and more beautiful UI VFX
  • Several fixes for issues brought up by the community, including Achievements fix[/details]

To celebrate, the game will be 25% off for a week! Tell your friends :)

Are you seeing the new content? Title Page still says “Beyond the Wall”.

Something weird like that happened to me once, probably because I’d installed the game over the demo and some savefiles got messed up. The solution was to turn off Steam Cloud synchronization and delete/rename the cached cloud files (they’re in STEAM_DIR\userdata\USER_ID\490950)

Thanks for the tip but even after an uninstall/reinstall, disabling cloud sync, and removing the cloud sync cache for that app, it’s still stuck at Beyond the Wall. This is why I’d love confirmation from another player such as yourself, can you see the new content?

Sure. I can see the new custom mode and the pet scenario.

Okay, then it is most likely a personal problem. Last chance to verify if a regional issue I guess, do you mind me asking which country, or if in US, which state, you’re calling in from?

I’m in Scotland, dear.

Okay, well then it still could be more of a server thang with I’m sure the Steam US offices working with a skeleton crew over this Easter Weekend. I’m in contact with the dev who is more than willing to figure this out and even just send me the files directly…but it’s still annoying and mysterious.

UPDATE: While I still have no clue if it was an issue on my end or the server, dev gave me the files to manually install in the same directory and all is well again.

The Guide and his little animal pals are great additions. Did you notice that when an animal is scavenging via the Guide’s ability you’ll never get a death result? According to the dev, the animals can only die if you choose them to take a hit, and even then, if you scavenge long enough, you could eventually get your lost pet back.

Frost gets top marks for atmosphere and I’ve enjoyed it on iPad. The game is far from perfect, of course, but I’m very happy to see these occasional updates.

They goofed the mobile update yesterday with nasty big white borders around all the cards (both iOS and Android) obscuring text and making it near impossible to see which card is currently highlighted. Thankfully a hot fix has already been submitted.

Wow, really? I saw it got updated with the pets, new scenario, and what not but hadn’t gone in yet. I guess I’ll wait until I see the hotfix to give it another go. I wonder how that got missed before submitting!

This issue was fixed in the v1.31 update.