Grimoire to be out in March 2010? It's got to be a joke, right?

http://www.grimoiresystems.com/

I played a build of Grimoire a long time ago. Hell, that must have been 11 or 12 years ago.

He’s been resetting that date for the last few years now…its his little joke om humanity…

I’m not sure what this is supposed to be telling me, but it looks really complicated, so the game is probably going to be awesome.

Yeap, I’ve read your impressions of the beta Desslock. Good job.Actually before reading it I was leaning toward conclusion that it’s a vaporware.

Cleve is strange guy. Why tease/frustrate people with all these broken promises? Personally I would prefer him to just shut the fuck up until he is really sure that there is a good chance of releasing it on whatever date he feel comfortable with.

Anyway, he wrote on his site that final beta was supposed to start on 1/1/2010. Since I’ve heard no buzz about it whatsoever, is it safe to assume that it was just another of the broken milestones, which means March 2010 doesn’t mean anything, correct?

I wasn’t aware Cleve was even working on Grimoire anymore. I thought he focused all his superhuman software engineering abilities on making DesqView run on a DOS box.

Hasn’t it always been a joke? It’s been what, almost 15 years? I used to enjoy his ranting on usenet about his superhuman programming abilities while missing date after date. It was awesome watching him freak out on people if they dared to disbelieve his latest announced date. It was even better when after missing several dates he kept adding names of games he was going to release right after Grimoire to his angry announcements. I think he even boasted at one time about how cool Grimoire II was going to be. He’s truly one of the greatest vaporware producers of all time.

You know, I kind of miss the hilarity that DS and CB used to provide on the csipg groups. It was some high quality insanity.

Yeap, I’ve read your impressions of the beta Desslock. Good job.Actually before reading it I was leaning toward conclusion that it’s a vaporware.

Cleve is strange guy. Why tease/frustrate people with all these broken promises? Personally I would prefer him to just shut the fuck up until he is really sure that there is a good chance of releasing it on whatever date he feel comfortable with.

Anyway, he wrote on his site that final beta was supposed to start on 1/1/2010. Since I’ve heard no buzz about it whatsoever, is it safe to assume that it was just another of the broken milestones, which means March 2010 doesn’t mean anything, correct?

Was it in PC Gamer? Does PC Gamer still have all previous issues on it’s CD? If so, I’ll actually load up the CD I get with the mag to read it.

I remember DesqView. I used to run it on my 386 so I could program while running my Telegard BBS on the same box. Crap, now this thread is making me feel old.

There are plenty of gems from both of them here on QT3 if you care to go digging through the search engine.

Hell, if you can stomach it, just go to the RPGcodex, he’s still posting and the brain trust that runs the site gives him and the rest of the white supremacists free reign.

Yes, despite the existence of the beta, Grimoire is simply a hoax and joke. And that joke isn’t funny anymore.

If you read his blog, you may start to suspect that Cleve doesn’t really get up to much at all, because he’s too busy trying not to realize that he isn’t actually a major world-historical figure and doesn’t actually have any superpowers.

That takes a lot of work alright.

You know how people who predict the apocalypse always bump the date forward when it doesn’t happen? I think when the world ends in whatever horrible way Cleve imagines that week (presumably something to do with sunspots, global climate, communism, and Mud Races), the idea is that he’ll be able to say to whoever else survives that Grimoire was going to come out that week, too. Truly, armageddon will stop humanity just short of its greatest triumph.

True, true…

Oh, speaking of Cleve and crazy people’s blogs, Koontz (who always expressed a surprising admiration for Cleve) has finally worked his way around to Clevesque racial pronouncements:

Not clicking that–why give him the validation of another hit? Cliffs notes? Nah, never mind, I’m sure it’s horrifying and stupid.

No, I was writing for Computer Gaming World back then. I might have written a column on it, but I think it was just impressions that I wrote for my old site, Desslock’s RPG News

I would prefer him to just shut the fuck up.