GTA IV - lost save game, Xbox 360

Same here. Before I had 2 360s, I used to move my 360 all the time from my room to the living room and back, and sometimes leave it unplugged for long periods. I never had this problem.

That could be it. I always make sure to plug in my wired ethernet connection in both my room and my living room before I turn on the 360. So I am always connected to XBL when I turn on.

Also, the one time I did all my save games that weren’t recently backed up on my memory card, it was during the big XBL outage of 2007, when everyone was having trouble signing onto live, and both me and my brother tried to recover our profiles on our respective Xboxes, both failed, and then later the next day when we finally got through to the servers and recovered our profiles, all our save games were gone. Poof, completely disappeared. I thought it was some kind of anti-cheating measure to do with Xbox live gamertag recovery, but maybe it relates to this problem.

Neither of our clocks on our 360s got reset though, so maybe it’s not related after all?

Do you turn the 360 off and then kill the power, or just kill the power? I’m not sure it makes a difference but I unplug my entertainment center every time I go on a business trip and have never had an issue with saves on the 360.

I haven’t even really had my X-Box on since I started killing my power on a nightly basis.

What’s the mechanism by which it is supposed to lose save games? That the clock resets, thinks the saved game is from the future, and… deletes it?

That is weird, and a huge drag. Sorry man.

yeah all the time. I take it home, and its a pain to hook it up to the internet, so I usually don’t (Plus I don’t want my little brother’s on my Live), and i’ve never had a problem.

Rockstar has tech support? Neat.

I lost all progress I had in RezHD once. Don’t know why and didn’t research it, since, well my progress wasn’t all that to begin with. Easy to play through in a short time.
But it was a bit unsettling.

I have xbox 360 slim and I had the problem twice

All right look, I know what’s going to happen here. Tom or stusser or somebody is going to ban the obvious bot for crapping up the forum. But look, we’ve got like a handful of Xbox gamers around here, so just this once can we offer clemency to the one that actually does play Xbox, or at least claims to? Please ma, can I keep him?

If he’s a spammer, at least he’s one who has either spent a lot of time on his 360, or gone to the trouble of looking up a gamertag that’s spent a lot of time on the 360.

-Tom

Ha, even better! And if there’s an actual human being behind the post, I will apologize for calling them a damn dirty bot.

Okay. So last night I was playing my xbox 360 and gta iv for nostalgic purposes during this quarantine. I played the lost and damned for a while, when u popped the main game back in I was back at square one. I think the autosave could have overwritten my story progress and because its not the same game per say I had to start over. Needless to say, I was pissed