Jason Bourne (2016)

I forgot about that. Yeah, there were several chuckles and gaffaws on that line.

There was no there, there. Bourne was lost & aimless, and I get that’s one of the points they’re pushing, but it doesn’t make for a compelling character in an action movie. He just drifted not knowing what to do or why he was doing it.

So many dumb moments. The computer stuff was painful. An actual enhance. Bourne not realizing the thumb drive could be compromised if put online is Grade-A silliness. He gets his laptop zapped and answers the hackers call from the CIA and even then needs a text warning that a team is en-route? Why is he putting himself out there in dumb bare knuckle brawl competitions when he’s trying to stay off the grid? Why is he doing that anyway, because he’s adrift and purposeless?

Painfully underwhelming movie. I don’t know why Damon or Greengrass hopped on board.

Finally saw this. I pretty much agree with all of the above on why this is bad. But the Vega chase scene is fun. I especially like its solution to traffic jam: plough through it!

I seem to remember someone saying Bourne in this film is basically Snowden, and I agree: deep down both of them are patriots, it is just that the government they work for sold its soul to the devil. (No one in the CIA batted an eye when Cassel gun down protesters in Greece, I guess people in NSA are equally indifferent with their mass surveillance…) So they have no choice but to cut loose. They even name-checked Snowden ffs.

And angel face Alicia Vikander really is the devil. Where have I seen this before???

-xtien

Well, this was a waste of my time. I want my 2 hours back please.

Ok, I take that back. That time was completely worth it so that I could listen to the Qt3 movie podcast for this movie. This has got to be the funniest synopsis I’ve ever heard.

The Kellywand Synopses: Making Your Wasted 90 Minutes Worthwhile Since 2007

-Tom

It’s on Netflix so I watched the first 40 minutes or so, but then I got bored and continued watching Person Of Interest.

I do that at work every day!

Why is the first half of this movie quite good but the rest terrible?