Jutland - WW1 naval combat sim

Bad news for readers: Copies of The Rules of the Game seem to be prohibitively expensive. I’m a big fan of Dreadnought and Castles of Steel, so I would reccomend either of those as consolation prizes.

Wow! And i thought it was expensive when I paid $15 for it in paperback.

You can find it for a lot less if you know where to look. AbeBooks is a way better source for rare/out-of-print stuff than Amazon is.

I’d love to play this game, but I won’t reward a company for using DRM that makes Ubisoft look lenient by comparison, sorry.

The DRM scheme and the monthly “If you don’t buy our game, naval wargaming will die AND IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT” emails have also killed any interest I had in the game.

Jeezus, the hell? I got mine for like $15. But even Amazon UK has it for 55 pounds, which is like $100+.

Definitely hit the button on the Amazon page where you request it as a Kindle book and they bug the publisher. Rules of the Game deserves to be read by any naval history geek, or anyone interested in how organizations tend to surpress innovative thinking.

I can’t find another thread about Storm Eagle, but has anyone else tried their site lately? It redirects to http://stormpowered.com/stormcloud/store/index.asp. The screens there remind me vaguely of Steam Powered… Storm is now a digital download service for more than just their few naval sims?

Based on the emails I’ve gotten from them, yes. I think I downloaded a demo once, and now I get spam for all sorts of crap.

Looks like it is back in print now in paperback. Amazon is listing it for about $23.

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered a copy!

Mine just arrived today. Big book, 622 pages before the notes.