Kaedrin's PrC Pack for NWN2

Version 1.39 of this massive custom content pack is soon to be released for Neverwinter Nights 2:

http://nwn2customcontent.wikidot.com/wip

Of note, some serious love for Spirit Shamans:

Spirit Form (Spirit Shaman ability) now correctly lasts for 10 rounds as in PnP. It now grants a deflection AC bonus equal to the caster’s Cha modifier. It also grants SR 11 + Character Level (to simulate the 50% ability to block both melee and magic from corporeal sources).
New Feat: Extra Spirit Form (+2 uses/day)
Chastise Spirits now correctly does 1d6 per SS level.
Chastise Spirits no longer affects allied spirits
Blessing of the Spirits can now be used at will.
New Feat: Extra Spirit Journey (+2 uses/day)
New Feat: Telthor Companion (for Spirit Shamans)

Other nice stuff:

New base class: Ninja
New PrCs: Dragon Warrior, Child of Night, Eldritch Disciple, Dissonant Chord, Ghostfaced Kiler, Dread Pirate, and Dervish

To replace the missing mount feature for Paladin:

Alternate Class Ability: Divine Spirit

In this release Monks also got enchantments to affect their bracers, which is great way to level the damage bonus playing field for them.

This will be a great release. Last release he added Fire Elemental “animal” companion, which gets bigger as it levels up, as well as the Ember Guard elemental shape for Druids, and fixed the Lion of Talisid PrC so that animal companion levels properly stack.

For anyone who doesn’t have the game already, Direct2Drive is still selling NWN2 and Storm of Zehir (second expansion) for $5 each, although I would definitely recommend Mask of the Betrayer. Kaedrin’s pack now requires Storm of Zehir, so if you didn’t buy that expansion because the reviews weren’t stellar, now would be the cheap time to pick it up.

Kaedrin - that bastard! Every time I think I can walk away from NWN 2, he reels me back in.

Assuming Dragon Age’s toolset is better than NWN2, I can’t imagine what he will do with that.

Now if only he can fix warlocks… There was a prc that he had in the list of planned changes for the future, but i don’t believe it was the one implemented in this patch.

Hellfire warlocks piss me off due to how craptastic the prc is and indeed warlocks remain woefully weak until limited resting in motb, where they become decent.

He’s done a few things for Warlocks, including adding Eldritch Glaive, Ability Focus (Invocations), Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast), and items you can create from Wondrous Items feat (chasuble of fel power) to boost your blast dice and invocation DCs.

Eldritch Disciple is a Warlock PrC that progresses divine spellcasting or invocations, Turn Undead and gives blast shape changes to do healing blasts.

They still seem underpowered to me even in motb with sleep restriction. In nwn2 they are woefully underpowered. This isn’t even comparing them to the insane epic divine might builds in motb either (ranger/black guard/something).

I don’t remember trying eldritch glaive or that particular item though. Seems like it could be nice against single targets. Maybe if divine might works with glaive, then you can take the new prc for warlocks.

If i recall right his pack also makes it so touch attacks can crit/sneak attack, but so much stuff in nwn2 & motb is immune to crits/sneaks and warlocks can’t really multiclass without gutting their blast damage.

Warlocks don’t really have a problem hitting stuff from what i’ve seen. Eventually their stats just get so high that they have a pretty crazy chance to hit. I don’t think their aoe shape can miss conventionally either if i remember right.

There are some other bugs that were fixed in the invocations, shapes, and essences due to Kaedrin incorporating rpgplayer1’s spell fixes pack.

I think the engine itself blocks people from being able to fix the issue of warlocks not bypassing spell resistances though. Spell resistances in general are pretty f’ed up in NWN2, though. It gets ignored on players that have it half the time (making the primary reason to pick high LA races like Drow useless).

don’t most of the shapes except the last aoe one bypass spell resists? or do they just require both a spell resist check and a ranged touch attack check? Doom is the only one i remember ever giving me resist messages.

The easiest way is to simply increase the damage of the blasts along with making the invocations better. Kaerdrin fixed a bunch to be useful if i remember right, but there were still a bunch that were just crappy. This would likely make the class’ details different than the PnP version, but done right it could make them equal to other classes.

There are other classes in stock NWN2 that are far worse off than the Warlock. Spirit Shaman, Favored Soul, Barbarian, Paladin, and Ranger, for instance. Their usefuless in a party in comparison with other caster or melee types is far lower. The changes in 1.39 and 1.40 for Kaedrin’s pack for Spirit Shaman (telthor companion, spirit form and chastise spirits fixes and buffs), Favored Soul (new additional bonus feats in epic levels), and Paladin (divine spirit) should make those classes better. Paladin has already had two PrCs added (Hospitaler, Shining Blade), with more on the horizon (Argent Fist, Silver Flame), and a couple decent spells added. Ranger has had some good PrCs added (Lion of Talisid, Elemental Archer) and should also be getting some more spells, and has had some feats added for its companion and for ranged (crossbow sniper) or melee builds (deadly defense). Barbarians have gotten Whirlwind Frenzy as an alternate to the standard Rage for a different type of build, and there is a new PrC for unarmed Barbs (Fist of the Forest).

Favored soul works very well with the storm lord prc. I personally prefer cleric/storm lord, but FS works just as well.

Ranger, at least in motb, becomes godlike with epic divine might.

Barbarians are in kind of the same situation as warlocks in that they do what other classes do, only not so well. Barbs can multi class better though unlike warlocks who are heavily penalized by multiclassing.

Paladin… well, people take it for the cha -> saves thing heh. I do agree in general on the classes other than FS/Ranger. Barbs are around the same as warlocks, if not in a better situation in my opinion. As far as spirit shamans go, I don’t like any class that is almost completely based around killing one type of creature. If we’re talking about motb, rangers can favor nearly every major enemy type you meet and the epic feet they get to boost all favored enemies is brutal.

Speaking of NWN2 mods, any good ones for beefing up the Pale Master PrC?

Well, either my Google-fu is weak or no one really brought this PrC closer to its PnP version. Which is odd, because out of the box Obsidian really screwed this prestige class with its spell/caster progression at half its rate.

I think kaedrin did some work on the pale master, but not totally sure as i’ve never use the prestige class.

I do remember “someone” made the pale master also give warlock levels for their abilities and i think “someone” might have made them progress in spellcaster level every level as well, but not sure.

I’m was hoping for something that didn’t overhaul as much of the game as Kaedrin’s mod. I found some 3.5 PnP haks but they’re very old and likely won’t work with the latest patches to NWN2.