Let's Play 5E D&D on Roll20

I will be playing pathfinder on tuesday nights, as usual.

good luck, interested to hear how well 5e works.

I’m at work so I won’t be able to get in and roll things up by this afternoon. I’ll hop in if you get a chance to put it back up this weekend.

Rob doesn’t need to be in once we have the link I believe.

The dice gods have been very kind, my spread: 12/13/11/14/15/17. I have never rolled that well in Roll20 before!

Good god, thanks Justin. I think you just sucked all the lucky juice out of Roll20. A single digit stat line incoming soon! =P

Lol…and be prepared…for my wizard is going to be a mountain dwarf, wielding a battle axe, and throwing around magic missiles! And his personality trait shall be: “I . . . speak . . . slowly . . . when talking . . . to idiots, . . .which . . . almost . . . everyone . . . is . . . compared . . . to me.”

Probably going to go 8 / 15 / 12 / 12 / 6 / 15 before any racial modifications because the dice were far less kind to me than Arkon ;)

My heart tells me to go mountain dwarf thief-into-bard and be surprisingly stout for either class, while my brain insists that lightfoot halfing is the “smarter” choice.

Maybe if we’ve got a wizard with dizzying stats in the party there’s no need for me to actually be adept at the things my class specializes in anyway ;)

I haven’t received the link to the adventure yet! Maybe I’ll go old school and pull out my dice, they’re only slightly less likely to screw me over than Roll20.

Just forwarded it.

I believe 5E’s greatest contribution to the fantasy genre will be the rise of the mountain dwarf wizard. I bet every campaign across the world will have at least one.

Galadin Rokuxe - Ex-Sergeant from the Raven platoon in the (don’t know which army/service, not sure the campaign setting) is reporting for duty. 24 years old, and a giant to behold, probably due to his northern descent, he has green eyes, long red hair and a small scar on his face that just adds to his rugged yet handsome quality. He carries himself with a slight detachment that might signify a drive or a hauntedness in his background.

The character sheet has been updated on Roll20. I am open to a little more help to refine what army/military service, and what enemies his disastrous last battle was fought with.

I’m up for some QT3 D&D. Let me know if there is still space and I will whip up a character.

Rob, what are your thoughts on gear, as far as using starting wealth instead of starting gear? I would like to see if I can gear out my dwarf a bit more in line with what he truly is (within wealth limits)? Would love for him to have some medium armor and a battleaxe. Perhaps I could drop a few things to make it work?

And similarly, Rob, I’d really love to tweak around with the Ideals/Traits/Drawbacks, very much in the spirit of what is already written, but a little off-kilter to better fit. I’ll probably “pick” a background to have a rules-approved set of gear + skills to accompany my class, but would like to draw in other items from other backgrounds or even tweak existing ones slightly.

None of this has any mechanical effect, but I figured I’d double check first :)

Galadin - I am new to the setting so I don’t have any history to draw from for your background. But, here are some ideas:

You could have been part of the Neverwinter city watch. Neverwinter has an enemy city to the north called Luskan, and perhaps your patrol was ambushed by a Luskanite war party.

You might have been a sellsword, working for the “Winter Blades” or the “Talon Company”, and your band was sent out to deal with an uprising of cultists in a distant village. Things went poorly when faced with terrifying undead and not many of you got out alive.

In either case, you would have military connections, with stronger emphasis depending on the background you choose (town or mercenary).

Or you can come up with something else, entirely up to you.

Merry, you are welcome! We may end up with 6 players to start, but we will roll with it. My local friend hasn’t gotten back to me yet. Having extra players will help with scheduling.

But, for now, we will put new people on the waiting list. I am hopeful that this game will spawn other Qt3 Games on roll20.

I see in the equipment rules that you can choose to take nothing from your class or background starting gear lists, and instead roll up starting gold to buy all your gear. Wizards start with 4d4 *10 gold. That should give you plenty for your axe and armor.

Go for it! Just post here and let us know what you come up with.

Okay, so finalized my background now:

Galadin was a sergeant in the Raven platoon in the Talon mercenary group. During a defense for a border village by what appeared to be another mercenary group, Galadin led his squad into battle that turned deadly when a group of cowardly magic users appeared and launched a major strike into his troops.

At the sight of the arcane forces being deployed, Galadin found a log to hide under during the assault. At the end of the battle, when he crawled out, he found the rest of his squad decimated, charred remains scattered over the battlefield. While walking among the remains, he found one of these yellow bellied magic wielders who was injured but still alive and pleading for help. Overcome with rage, Galadin knowing the possible strategic value of such a captive couldn’t help but remove the wizards head with his battleaxe.

Upon searching the remains, he found the arcane crystal the wizard used, and decided to keep it as a token of his hatred and desire to hunt down these monsters. After finding the burnt corpse of a young corporal in his squad, he saw the raven icon reflecting the sun. He bent down, collected it and now wears it as a token to always remember his lack of courage and his pledge to always defend his compatriots no matter what it might cost him.

Galadin found his way up to Neverwinter to forget his past and because he has heard rumors that there might be some evil magic being used in the area. He is now on a continuous quest to squash any person using magic for evil ends, and is always concerned with any use of the arcane, regardless of the intent.

Man it is tough to find a picture of a dwarven wizard wearing medium armor and wielding a battle axe lol.