8. Sss’Ra
  9. Tauron
  10. Freya
  11. Horus
  12. Ariel
  13. Thaloc
  14. Kali

Random race
There are 9 Arcanian and 5 Myrran. Use this RNG set at 1-9 or 1-14 (depending on which wizard you rolled) and the following outcomes:

1. Barbarian

2. Gnoll

3. Halfling

4. High Elf

5. High Men

6. Klackon

7. Lizardman

8. Nomad

9. Orc

10. Bestman

11. Dark Elf

12. Draconian

13. Troll

14. Dwarf

IRON MAN!
This means no reloading from saves. Every decision counts. Play until you concede defeat or win.

Report back with a brief AAR and high score!

EDIT: When you post your score, make sure to note whether you were playing on Hard or Normal difficulty.

HIGH SCORES

#1: Banzai
Difficulty: Impossible!
Endgame status: Victory!
Jafar + High Elves
Banished Wizards: 4
Fame: 223
Year: 1429

Total: 8307

#2: Adam B.
Difficulty: Hard
Freya + Barbarians
Fame: 120
Year: 1424

Total: 4530

#3: RobF
Tauron + High Men
Fame: 142
Year: 1428

Total: 4252

#4: Banzai
Tauron + Orcs
Fame: 92
Year: 1415

Total: 4200

#5: Anaxagoras
Rjak + Lizard Men
Fame: 91

Total: 4146

#6: rezaf
Sss’Ra + Trolls
Spell of Mastery: +250
Fame: 384
Year: 1479

Total:3904

#7: Timemaster Tim
Sss’Ra + Halflings
Fame: 108
Year: 1449

Total: 3782

#8: Hawkeye Fierce
Sss’Ra + High Elves
Fame: 61
Year: 1425

Total: 3768

#9: Jørn Weines
Oberic + High Elves
Fame: 43

Total: 3682

#10: Jason Lutes
Tlaloc + High Men
Fame: 83
Year: 1437

Total: 3520

#11: Wolff
Jafar + High Elves
Fame: 68
Year: 1451

Total: 2696

#12: Razgon
Endgame status: Loss
Tauron + Nomads
Banished Wizards: 0
Fame: 54
Year: 1453

Total: 570

#13: peacedog
Endgame status: Loss
Rjak + Nomads
Banished Wizards: 1
Fame: 30
Year: 1446

Total: 438

Awesome! I’m so much in! I’ll see when I can get the game setup, and then start playing this weekend…

I started one like this…

at work…

<.<

don’t know how long it will take me to finish it… might get one going at home.

I got Ariel and High Men. I like playing men, but am not thrilled about Ariel… we’ll see how it goes…

I’m game. Coming Saturday, my magic shall reign supreme over both the Myrrians and Arcanas!

Cool idea! I’ll jump in, might have time to start a game later.

Well, I finished my first challenge miserably. I got Raven and Nomads, and had a sweet starting position near some easily conquerable Klackon villages. I had a 6-city empire going pretty early and was feeling really good about things until Sharee swept in with a wave of armies consisting mainly of ghouls and hellhounds. I probably could have held my capital if I had had 1-2 more units garrisoned there, but it fell. I decided to keep going and wait out the Spell of Return to see if I could make a comeback, but the ghouls begat more ghouls and soon all of my cities had been wiped from the map.

One early blow was when I lost Serena, my first and only hero, whom I had carefully cultivated into a decent independent spellcaster. I lost her when I accidentally hit “auto-resolve” in a tactical battle. I suppose I could have reloaded, but I decided to stay true to the Iron Man ethos.

One of the many, many things I love about MoM is that it’s fun even when you lose.

RAVEN + NOMADS
14 Spells
0 Townsfolk
0 Fame
0 Banished Wizards
Year 1416
FINAL SCORE: 28

Ha! Beat that!

MoM is like any good strategy game. When you are over confident and believe your position is solid yet have not seen the enemy for a long while, assume he has twice your strength and that you’re about to be pounded to the ground.
You have to do recons and you have to gather intel about your enemy’s whereabouts and army potency (remember to check the vizier often to get a bit of a clue on their undertakings and progress compared to you).

If you had time to build up, more than likely your enemy did as well.
If things are good too well, then something is horribly wrong…expect the worst to hit in the next two turns.

I hate ending up next to a bunch of neutral Klakons. They hate everybody, and can barely build any buildings, so their cities are awful. I usually conduct a scorched earth campaign when I run across them, even though it makes everybody hate me.

Okay, here goes…

I got a 9 for wizard, Tauron, and a 13, trolls!! Ugh…I REALLY dont like trolls…

Anyways, I’ll set up the game and take some screenies, if I can figure out how to do that from inside dosbox :-)

edit: Man, sorry - I thought Tauron was a Myrran…I rerolled the race and got 8, Nomads.

Thanks Foxstab, I played MoM tons back in the day and as a habit I do abide by all of those guidelines. The thing that got me is forgetting the lack of fog of war indication in MoM, which I’ve gotten used to in games like Civ.

Well, you just ensured another sale for GoG on this one…man 7 hours to go till work is over too…

My first attempts, Sss’Ra + Barbarians and Freya + Nomads were eaten by raiders. Forgot to note down the scores. Next up on Who Wants to Be Banished to the Void: Rjak + High Elves.

Awesome idea, I’ll start a game tonight after work!

Man, hard difficulty is HARD. This time I opted to resign once my wizard tower fell to Oberic and two of his tricked-out heroes. I’m thinking about maybe shifting the difficulty level down a notch, but I’ll wait to see exactly how much I suck compared to everyone else.

LO PAN + LIZARD MEN
17 Spells
19 Townsfolk
0 Fame
0 Banished Wizards
Year 1411
FINAL SCORE: 52

To be fair, both Lo Pan & Lizard Men suck. You kinda started that game with 2 major strikes against you.

I figured I’d give this a shot over lunch even though I don’t have any previous MoM experience and haven’t even read the manual yet.

The randomizer gave me Freya and the Klackons (note to self: new band name), and the Klackons don’t seem to be very magic-oriented, so I figured I’d go melee-heavy instead. I started building for growth in the starting city with a granary and marketplace, conquered an undefended hamlet nearby and set it on housing for growth, and was scouting around the map with my starting spearmen while the swordsmen stayed back to defend my main town.

I picked up Shuri, a nice huntress hero, and rapidly scouted out more areas with her, uncovering some other hamlets and towers and caves that were better defended and I didn’t want to risk taking on just yet.

And then some raiders marched into my home city and beat me up.

Spells: +11
Townsfolk: +2
Final Score: 26

The lesson here is that the auto combat blows. It was a straightforward one-squad-vs-one-squad fight, but it didn’t use any of my spells at all. I reloaded just to experiment, and with just a Giant Strength buff, I was able to squish them without any losses instead.

hmm I got Lo Pan and High Elves…

so far so good, got 2 hell hound + a longbow man, own 2 cities now.

This is a fun idea. I’ve never played MoM, but I might pick it up just because I’m into these kind of (semi) structured score challenges…plus I loved Fall From Heaven, which is allegedly similar. I don’t expect to be able compete with you long-time players, but I’m all about giving it a shot.

I’ll probably give this a try, but I expect to get squashed handily. Despite my best intentions, I don’t know if I’ve ever played a MoM game without save-scumming just a little. I’ve meant to, but I don’t know if I ever resisted the temptation.

I’ve no time to play, sadly, but I definitely look forward to reading your AAR’s. :)