OnePlus One: anyone getting one?

Google standardized on back, home, multitask. From left to right. Every hard button layout should use that.

If I had a 1+1 I would just remap the hard buttons, easy enough to do. But still, annoying.

Not supported in the base installation on my device, though the pro version of the custom launcher I am using seems to have it available.

Still, a key press and “awkward” gesture (given the size of devices, swiping up far and fast enough to register as an up-swipe one-handed while concentrating on the road is tougher than just long-pressing a button).

I dunno, the removal of so many buttons on Android devices always kinda weirded me out.

How about adding your own button to the headphone jack? It can be programmed to do anything. Hopefully you don’t need to use the jack for music in the car, and that the jack is on the top edge of the phone.

That’s really cool. I didn’t see anything in the FAQ about how it actually works. Is it bluetooth or something?

It just uses the extra pin in the headphone jack that’s normally used for microphones or headphone controls.

That’s really cool!

Have any more thoughts (or invites) on this, rei? I’m needing a replacement for my aging S3.

The actual light up icons are fixed though sadly.

Cyanogenmod lets you turn off the lights on the buttons.

No, I have no invites yet.

If you don’t want to scrounge for an invite, the phone is sold directly here. But it will cost you.

here’s a cheaper knockoff: http://www.tmart.com/ikey-Press-Button-Slim-Smart-Shortcut-Customized-Cool-Gadget-for-Android-Devices_p261703.html

isn’t the warranty and OS different?

Ordered mine Thursday morning. Should be here Tuesday since Monday is a holiday in Canada. $376.99 US turned into $423 CAD after 1-shipping option cost of $28. The 5 invites appeared for my friend and have to be sent/redeemed/used within 24 hours.

Aforementioned friend got his OP One two weeks ago. Got to toy around with it last week. Liked the build quality, felt really solid and slim. And it lets you do all the stuff, well, CM lets you do.

I have to say though: Not a fan of the size. I’m not really fond of the screensizes ballooning in the Android world in general - I personally wouldn’t go beyond the 4,5" of my Galaxy Nexus. If you have small or medium-sized hands, it becomes annoying to use 5"+ devices with one hand. Plus there are limits to what feels comfortable trouser pockets. (Side pockets in cargo pants aren’t really an alternative if you bike around a lot or don’t want to carry cargo pants all the time.)

That said, if you’re fine with a phone of this size, it seems like a really decent deal. If they get around to releasing a Mini version of this, I’d definitely be interested.

That’s what I thought, too. Strangely, most of Asia disagrees with us, and embraces the Galaxy Note size readily. I have no idea where they put the phones when they’re not using them…I suspect they keep them in their hands.

The only time I am not happy about my Galaxy Note II being in my pocket is when I ride a roller coaster. I’m always worried the lap bar is going to crush my phone against my leg on one of the turns or loops.

Otherwise it’s really not a big deal to have it in my front pocket.

This thing is still pretty sweet.

Can I scrounge for an invite from you if you get any? :)

I just logged into check and I don’t have any. PM me your email address ahead of time just in case I do.