The Last of Us - Naughty Dog's Next

Speaking of which, Epic Games’ Fortnite looks like a more lite, cartoony version of that concept.

They’ve earned the right to make something original and take a few creative risks, in my opinion. Why didn’t they use the consumer/corporate goodwill they had generated for something fresher?

You don’t know if the game will be fresh or not based on the theme. The freshness come from what you do with the theme, and how you do it.

Even in the zombie movies theres some evolution. With movies like 28 days.

Morrowind was less popular than Oblivion because was weird. Playing inside the “confort zone” of people give you some initial bigger popularity.

Theme is an important source of freshness, too. It’s why Bioshock felt fresh despite not evolving much gameplay-wise from System Shock 2, and why Bioshock Infinite seems like it’ll be fresh despite being pretty similar to Bioshock in gameplay terms.

Morrowind’s relatively smaller popularity had nothing to do with its weird setting, and everything to do with being released last generation before Bethesda built up a brand name among console gamers.

No, I think that misses the point to because it’s still about the zombies, while Dead State is putting a big emphasis on the people. Might make for an interesting resource management game though, but it’s from Epic, so I’d be amazed if it’s not still focusing on the gunplay.

Disappointed this isn’t an update for Keef the Thief.

Looks great to me, I just hope it won’t be linear and scripted like Uncharted2.

I get more of a I am Legend meets Leon the Professional meets 28 Days/Weeks Later from this.

Oh, sounds like the lead designer of Ninja Theory’s Enslaved moved over to Naughty Dog to work on this, though it’s not clear how he’s involved.

I love the idea of this game, but I fear that it’ll simply be too linear. Uncharted operates in the right genre for what it does, but a game like this should be all about exploration.

Just saw the trailer. Nice. I like the idea too. But if it’s a PS3 exclusive, I really hope it’s not a shooter. I hate the PS3 controller for shooting basics. If it’s a multiplatform title, then bring on the shooter mechanics.

It’s PS3 exclusive. Given how the trailer highlights bullet scarcity, hopefully the emphasis will be on exploration, traversal and melee combat.

It will emphasize Vita and Move features.

I really hate it when they put a “ACTUAL FOOTAGE CAPTURED FROM PLATFORM X” on a completely scripted sequence with absolutely no gameplay. Sure, it looks gorgeous, but the actual game will end up looking nothing like that once you add AI, physics, etc. It’s nothing new, I know, but it still bothers me. Just get Blur to make you a fancy trailer and show us what the real game looks like when you have actual gameplay mechanics worked in.

I thought that bearded drake was going to die in the trailer. I’m a bit saddened, as I fear he will end up being the main character, and the game may end up being UC reskinned. But I could be wrong, so we’ll see how things go, but I’m not exactly hyper excited about this one.

I got the sense that the kid was the protagonist. She’s the narrator and all, and the trailer opens on her, not the guy. Could be interesting.

Quite a few play sessions are showing up online. It sounds like it’s a truly creepy, immersive experience. I’m now officially excited about this.

The “press button” prompts constantly got a bit annoying.

This had been on my purchase list until I saw a review of a demo at pax (yeah really, not sure why a video game company setup a booth at a comic convention). It sounds too much like a quiet stealth game that would be really hard to play without audio.

Is this a joke? If it’s sincere, where have you been? PAX has been a huge showcase for gaming for years.

Oh, ok. I thought pax was ‘penny arcade expo’, as in penny arcade the comic strip, so I assumed it was a comic-con and never paid any attention since I’m not the comic book type.