100 Best TV Shows of ALL TIME!

I’m actually kind of surprised (albeit pleased) that cult favorite MST3K made the list.

Iron Chef should be on there though, dammit.

Needs more Futurama. And Batman: The Animated Series.

SCTV is there, they just listed it as “Second City Television”. The KITH omission is criminal, though.

SCTV is there as Second City Television.

An unusual list. The Super Bowl, The Day After and General Hospital…all bumping shoulders.

100 is a big number, so usually these lists get very debatable once you hit the 75-100 threshold. But there aren’t as many question marks as I would expect here.

Felicity, maybe? The Monkees?

I’m kind of surprised that ER didn’t make the cut.

Troy

What a mess: why would you mix British and American shows, cartoons with news programming with mini-series with traditional entertainment fare, etc?

Because they all fall under the umbrella of “TV show,” presumably. “The 100 best American cartoon shows” or “The 100 best TV news shows” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Any top X list that includes Felicity and The Price Is Right is too long to be meaningful. They might as well just list all shows.

My list of great TV shows is limited to:

Dexter
The Wire
The Shield
Band of Brothers
Deadwood
House
Arrested Development

A lot of older shows have not aged well. Especially sitcoms from the pre-Seinfeld era. The bar has been raised dramatically in the last decade and a half.

Does the article say which Battlestar Galactica then meant? Don’t laugh. I don’t know much about the old one, so I don’t know if it was remarkable for some reason, or if it really was as corny as it looks to me.

No B5 :(

No Gilligan’s Island?

This list is useless.

No Gilligan’s Island?

This list is useless.

That list desperately needs Northern Exposure.

No Three’s Company, no sale…

This is the worst list Time has put out since last week’s ‘50 Worst Cars of All Time’ (which included the Ford Model T).

The Real World!!?! fucking useless

OK, well in that case the list is half dead to me.

First broadcast in 1992, the show is the longest-running program in MTV history and the second-longest running reality television program[citation needed] (after COPS).

Wiki makes it sound kinda impressive, I dunno.

This list is a bizarro mix of shows and one-timers. Roots? The Super Bowl? Huh?
Also, any “best of” list that contains Lost has to be questioned.

And where is Star Trek The Next Generation??? Wrapped into “Star Trek”? No.

Barney Miller. 'nuff said.

One sitcom (if you permit me to call it that) that has aged well and I’m very glad to see on the list is Soap. That show really kicks ass and I love watching it and re-watching it On Demand.

I aprove of the US list but for the UK list where is Coupling? That show definitely deserves props.

I would have made room for Monk, I think. But all in all, this is about as good as this kind of list could possibly have turned out, except for the inclusion of sporting events and news shows.

It’s MTV, dude. Getting into the reality tv slum early doesn’t make it good.

Yeah, fuck sports!