15 minutes of fame gets "extended"

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=1672

how is that suitable for the games channel? heh

I thought he wrote game reviews?

Yeah, he’s a game reviewer. Here’s the Jonah Falcon FAQ.

Can we have a Tom Chick FAQ?

Troy

Wait, Tom Chick is big enough to have a FAQ?

Disturbing. I think that whole article, and particularly the “see it for yourself” link at the bottom, is a secret web test for gayness.

So what if it is? I can’t stand Jonah Falcon, and I’m definitely not gay, but I’m also not a homophobe. If it bugs you, ignore it.

So what if it is? I can’t stand Jonah Falcon, and I’m definitely not gay, but I’m also not a homophobe. If it bugs you, ignore it.[/quote]

So in other words you’re saying you did click the link, Markell?

:)

[size=2]Sorry, I know it’s childish remark but I am trying to get in the top 10 posters club.[/size]

So what if it is? I can’t stand Jonah Falcon, and I’m definitely not gay, but I’m also not a homophobe. If it bugs you, ignore it.[/quote]

So in other words you’re saying you did click the link, Markell?

:)

[size=2]Sorry, I know it’s childish remark but I am trying to get in the top 10 posters club.[/size][/quote]

I don’t think there’s any way I can answer that question without getting in trouble. :)

Jonah Falcon does review games. For instance, here’s his A- review of Master of Orion III.

Once of his most quoteworthy reviews was for Max Payne, in which he criticized multiplayer games for being laggy. Max Payne, of course, has no multiplayer support. When this was pointed out on Usenet, the review was quickly edited, without explanation.

-Tom

EDIT: fixed the link

So he’s Jason Blair?

Troy

Don’t forget his A+ for HoMM IV.

A DaveC - I was supposed to go out with “the guys” tonight. Now I am not sure if I can.

Bloodloss?

Can I just say how happy I am he’s mostly out of gaming journalism?

An entire article about someone’s penis??? An entire article about how this guy used to enjoy having young boys look at his penis??? I gotta go wash my fucking eyes and find a sharp knife so I can wash my brain.

I don’t understand why this article is in Rolling Stone. Did he record an album?

My favorite encounter with the big dick was on the old cgonline forums. He cut-and-posted the press release for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 there and I read it. I then replied that apparently RT2 was going to be an expansion pack masquerading as a full game. The prick, evidently being a big wannabe RT2 fanboy, then got on his high horse and demanded to know how I could possibly know what was going to be in the game. I responded that I had merely read his post (which laid out in some detail what was going to be included)! He hadn’t even bothered to read the press release he was posting…

He was too busy helping somebody “warm his hands from 6 inches away”.

Hardly anyone in Rolling Stone the last twenty years has recorded an album,and most of the interviews are with vapid,self absorbed wankers.Jonah fits right in.

I can only assume the article is a joke on some level or another.

Either the whole thing is a joke or the frequent references to “awe” and “deference” and “in the presence of something fundamentally more powerful”.