1st Civ 4 review: "best version of Civilization yet!

IGN is first with its review and it sure sounds promising.

Good lenghty review with a overal score of 9.4 out of 10.

Man am I eager to play this! :D

Oh and Solver put up his last part of his big preview at Apolyton: http://civilization4.net/3/171/313/ Very detailed.

<insert obligatory IGN put-down here>

How about if I call attention to the skill IGN shows reviewing turn based strategy before the release date right here:

I don’t know whether CIV IV scoring higher or lower encourages me or scares me. Yes I put in a preorder for the stupid spiral bound manual.

Hey I guessed what review that was a link to and I got it right, do I get a prize? :)

You get a 7.2

I think they have a decent review here. They touch on a lot of the features, although its to big a game to be reviewed in a review of this length. Still they’ll probably have a size limit, otherwise most people won’t read it anymore in this day and age.

Of course they made mistakes, every games review sites has that and its work for them. Still mad about a lot of games sites that tricked me into buying B&W 1 after reading their glowing reviews.

Still looking at the previews and this review I think Civilization 4 is at least worth buying and might even be a great game. Of course I want to see the good sides since I’m a huge Civfan :D.

BTW looked quickly and I think that the only turn based strategy game that scored higher then Civilization 4 was Alpha Centauri. Oh and Civ4 also scores better then AGE III which got a 8.8 form the same reviewer.

We’ll know quickly enough how it turns out, still I feel its going to be great!

How about if I call attention to the skill IGN shows reviewing turn based strategy before the release date right here:

I don’t know whether CIV IV scoring higher or lower encourages me or scares me. Yes I put in a preorder for the stupid spiral bound manual.[/quote]

Thanks, IGN, for the worst $50 I ever spent.

Oh you can blame your purchase of B&W on IGN as well with a 9.7. The headline reads “God $%*# this is an amazing game!”

No joke see here:

Oh I know, but they were far from the only one. Lots of reviewsites gave it a crazy score imo.