20 years from now, how do you think people will think of Adele?

http://www.spinner.com/2012/02/14/adele-break/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl6|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D135541

She is now going to take 5 years off and come back with a “happy” album.

Adele is a real gem. Funniest lady in the biz at the moment. Watch thisclip from the Graham Norton show from earlier this year. Hilarious.

You’re missing a pole option: “who the hell is Adele?”

I don’t like her. Her singing sounds too affected to me.

If you pretty much don’t pay attention to music, music polls may not be for you in the first place. I mean, she’s won 8 Grammys so far.

I believe it is present in the form of “Wasn’t she just on the latest version of Baby Hit Me One More Time?” and I suggest it also suffices as the musical poll version of “shit bonerz”.

Take it easy on her, geez. North, South, Adele?

Seriously, she is obviously extremely talented and short of pulling a Winehouse is going to be making music for a long time.

I love music, I just don’t listen to the sort of artists / bands that win Grammys. I think an exception to that, is that Trent Reznor has won a Grammy.

Ha yeah I suppose that should have covered it.

I don’t listen to much in the way of modern, popular music (the closest I get is Muse), but there’s something about her sound that really catches my ear.

Sure, she’s no Janis Ian, but then who is?

Yeah, that’s fine. But the point is “Who the hell is Adele” comes off like she’s some obscure nobody that a typical person wouldn’t have heard of. She’s been in the news for being a pop start who doesn’t use autotune and wear weird clothes. She’s been in the news because Karl Lagerfeld called her fat. She’s been in the news because she’s had several big hits and won a bunch of awards.

“I just don’t listen to the sort of artists who win Grammys”, no offense, comes off as “I don’t even own a TV” hipster douchebaggery.

“20 years from now, she’ll be REALLY fat”

• Karl Lagerfeld

This, then is for you.

Lol @ Rightbug.

Hah yeah I knew that post was going to drag me into some sort of hipster-zone. And I totally hate hipsters, I swear!

I am a Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson fan boy.

I think she’s an amazing singer, and that 21 will be regarded as a great album for years to come, but I suspect this was a one-time phenomenon for her, that her next album won’t be received as well, and her career will follow a similar arc as Norah Jones, where she’s still respected and continues to put out solo albums but never achieves this level of success again.

Maybe. On the other hand, Norah Jones was boring. Adele’s songs have actual hooks and things.

I tried …listened to a few you tube vids…she is not that good. Listening to her made me want to stop.

Not that good? Seriously? You might not like her style of music but to say that she is not a good singer puts you in tone deaf territory.

Check out thisperformance at the Brits last year.

You could always have both: