2012 Qt3 GotY: Best game you didn't vote for?

One of my gaming resolutions for 2013 is to hold the line and only play great indie games I’m sure I’ll love. No more decent-to-good time wasters to clog up the works. It’s one of my personally lowest rated classes of games for whatever reason, despite a couple standouts each year.

And yes, “worth a couple bucks” sends off alarm bells that you’re working under different constraints for value (time vs. money) so I can further discount what you got out of it. :)

Sorry for the tangent.

So this thread is basically, “What was your #6 favorite game of 2012”? :)

-Tom

I think it’s just a lot of us around here suffer from list OCD, I know I do, so even the chance to add one more thing to a list is often hard to resist :)

Basically. I guess I could have called it “Honorable Mentions” or something, but when I got around to making this thread I was just struck by how good some of the games I hadn’t voted for were, and I wish I had been able to give them a little more credit. I also figured other people probably had some tough choices to make that they thought should have/could have been higher on some GotY lists. The people need a voice!

I mentioned in my voting post that Pinball Arcade might have made the list if the 360 hadn’t been plagued with distribution problems and if it had the social features of Pinball FX 2. But there’s no doubt it’s great for pinball fanatics, especially old schoolers who played many of the tables in real life and feared they’d never get to experience them again.

The game I really deliberated over was Conquest of Elysium 3. But it lost out to my decision to vote for Ascension: Soul of Storms as my third pick. Some might consider that cheating, since it is an expansion, but I’d argue that SoS changes enough of the mechanics to stand on its own.

I’m still in the early stages of Dishonored, but so far it wouldn’t make the list. It’s good, a solid Thief-like, but it hasn’t blown me away yet (certainly not the story, blech). We’ll see how it goes.

Guild Wars 2, simply because I’ve only had time to scratch the surface of it.