2017 Frame Game

Shadow Warrior 2?

You know, I was actually THIS close to getting a Shadow Warrior 2 screenshot for this round. So it’s not, but it almost could have been! :)

Nope, I’m afraid that’s not how it works… you lose if no one guesses your game!

Or that’s how the movie frame game works, at least?

As for my guess… Onimusha?

So … I lost? Well darn. I thought I lost if someone guessed correctly, because then they win. Or do we both win then? Sounds something akin to a token participation trophy! ;)

It is not Onimusha.

Sorry you lost, Profanicus, but thanks for posting that game. I’d never heard of it, which is surprising for a PC game from 2001.

Pillars of Eternity?

Grim Dawn?

Path of Exile?

Interesting guesses! I think it’s a bit early to be giving any hints about how close anyone is but here’s another nice little chunk:

Nioh?

Ding ding ding! Grats!

It is Team Ninja’s excellent Dark Souls-alike Nioh, on the PS4. This is still likely to be in my top 5 for the year. :)

So here’s a funny thing. I never played Nioh because I don’t have a PS4. But near release, I watched a Youtube video showing its combat because I was curious. And, for some reason, I thought your screenshot resembled the general color palette and the roof tiles I saw in that video, hence my guess.

Ok, let me recover from the shock of having got this one right, and I’ll try to post something later tonight. ;)

I suspected the dingy palette and those roof tiles may give it away to someone who’d played a bit, but it must have left quite the impression if you recall them from watching a video over 6 months ago!

Tell me about it! Maybe it was the same exact location, and it juggled my memory. It’s been a while :)

I wish I had a PS4 to play Nioh. I heard great things about it.

Ok, so here we go! This one should go quick and easy.

No guesses? Time for frame 2, I guess.

Persona, uhhhh, 5?

Legend of Heroes, I’m going to say Trails of Cold Steel

And of course, you’re absolutely right. It is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, more specifically the recently released PC version!

It’s a fantastic port that I’m eager to play more. Back to you, @Profanicus !

Take this!