2017 Frame Game

Demolition Man?

Correct!

I think it’s Escape from LA.

Well heck. Haven’t won one of these in a while.

It’s hard to tell these days between actual old games and retro-indy modern games.

Anyway I’ll get a new pic up as soon as I can.

make it derp!

Sorry, DERPSPACE is far too well-loved across the gamoverse to make for a fair challenge.

Here’s the first frame:

framegame-1

Did we do Ultima Underworld? Because that’s my guess.

Not Ultima Underworld.

Those thick outlines… looks like Ultima VIII to me

That’s it! Surprised it went so fast.

framegame-master

Yay, at last I get one right! Ultima VIII had a very distinctive graphic style, it wasn’t much of an “Ultima” game but it sure was pretty to look at.

I’ll have a screenie up later today.

Ultima VIII is so polarizing. Some people love it (I’ve even encountered a person or two that thought it was the best Ultima) while others hate it. I wonder how much people’s opinions on it were affected by the jumping issue pre-vs-post-patch.

I loved Ultima VIII’s graphics, music and atmosphere, enough to forgive the obvious departure from its deep RPG roots and its clumsy incursion into action-adventure territory. But the jumping puzzles were just too much. By the time the patch came out, my interests were elsewhere and never really gave it another chance.

So here’s the new screenshot, this game shouldn’t be too obscure but we’ll see…

game01

Hmm… Broken Sword?

Really cool art style, I hope the full reveal will be as gorgeous as this promise!

Gloriana?

Nope, neither of those!
Left_Empty, I’m sorry to say the end results may be a tad disappointing.

game02

I think it still looks pretty darn good, considering. I’ve been meaning to give it a playthrough one of these days (thank you GOG for packaging old Ultimas in windows-friendly way).

Clive Barker’s Undying?

Yikes, from pixel art to prerendered 3D. You weren’t kidding!

That Egypt Cryo game?

Qin: Tomb of the Middle Kingdom.