2017 Frame Game

Weird fact: I’ve never played this version of the game or even knew it existed. I’ve only ever played Ballz - The Director’s Cut on the 3DO. When you first showed the screen with his face, I immediately thought of it, and looked the game up. And it wasn’t it. The graphics were all wrong. It wasn’t until just now after seeing the health bars, and realizing it was indeed a fighting game that I looked again, and saw the original games were on the SNES and Genesis/Megadrive. Hah. Yet another case where I should’ve just gone with my gut instinct. Everyone should.

EDIT: Here we go!

That’s one blurry snap!

Gunstar Heroes?

Nope. And yeah, it’s a little blurry. Blame my laziness of not getting my own screenshot. :\

Sam and Max Hit the Road

Banjo Kazooie?

Nope to those.

Edit:

Lion King?

Did you really post a pic from Bubsy @Kyosho?

Haha I thought it looked like yarn but I couldn’t remember the game with giant balls of yarn. :)

Ahahahaha. Yes, @CraigM. Yes, I did. I just rewatched the episode of Console Wars about it on youtube. It was the first ep where they argued about who had the worst version instead of who had the best. It amused me.

When you have a Sega Genesis, and parents who have a weird hang up on fighting games and RPGs, you get to become much more familiar with second tier platformers.

I played and beat both games, for the record.

They’re actually not completely terrible. Even Bubsy 3D isn’t, which gets bagged on the most. It was very experimental. 3D platformers didn’t exist while it was in development. Even though Mario 64 came out a couple months before it, Bubsy 3D was nearly 100% finished and had no time to redo anything. If you take your time with it, it’s not a horrible game.

Yeah I played Bubsy but I also played good games so I forgot about Bubsy until looking at videos now. :P

Let’s see who pegs this.

That looks so familiar, I’m running through games trying to nail it down.

Worms?

Nope!

@arrendek I’m sure someone will get it eventually, though I’ve no idea how long. Could be easy, could be… not. I always try and place a little deception though ;)

There’s something fucky going on on the sides there. . .

Chuck Rock, to continue the theme of second rate SNES-era platformers?

All the games I’ve looked up have a totally different palette of all things. Like, the graphics are pretty close but the colors are wrong. Urg

I was going to say Chuck Rock!

Instead I’ll say The Humans