2017 Frame Game

What’s the mountain game… Steep?

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun?

The Banner Saga 2

Titan Quest?

Far Cry 4?

We’re waiting for the next frame, @Scotch_Lufkin … ;)

Oh man, I was going to post this yesterday and it completely fled my mind. Here you go! Sorry for the delay! To make up for it I’ll skip image 2 and go straight to 3, since there wasn’t much more to the second reveal.

Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Pillars of Eternity?

Good eye! It is indeed Pillars of Eternity! I couldn’t believe it hadn’t been done before, but I didn’t see it on the master list. I was a little sneaky with the image though, of course, because PoE is pretty darn recognizable.

That screenshot made me think of Icewind Dale.

I’ve been having a recent bout of Icewind Dale nostalgia. Mainly because of the Kuldahar music.

Carry on.

This might be of interest to you!

I figured it had to one one of the Infinity-style games, and once I remembered who was posting the screens. . . well. . . :)

Man, I really need to go back and finish that game now that all the xpacks and stuff are out!

Screen away!

One of the DS Zeldas? Maybe Spirit Tracks?

Edit: I realize the aspect ratio is ALL wrong for those games. But, ehhhhh.

Nope! I’ve always meant to give those a shot…

If you end up wanting to try emulating it rather than playing on original hardware, look for the X432R version of DeSmuME emulator. As far as I know, it’s the only DS emulator that can actually increase the rendering resolutions. It’s fantastic. Mario Kart DS with it looks like Mario Kart Wii. Anyway, the reason I mention emulating it, is because Link is mostly controlled with the stylus in those games. Think Diablo-style on PC. So those two Zeldas play nicely with a mouse. And they will look great too.

Phantom Hourglass is pretty great, but it has this one central dungeon that you have to go back to, and go through from the very top over and over. It’s kind of annoying, but eventually you get really fast at it. I never did try Spirit Tracks, but I know quite a bit about it. Some people really hated it. Like, calling it the worst Zelda officially made by Nintendo (so not including the CD-i, etc). I think because the story and gameplay are a bit different (you control more than just Link in this one at various times), and rather than having the sailing system of Phantom Hourglass, it had a train that literally railroaded you by making you stick to train tracks. So less open-worldy. Or, rather, seemingly less. Ehhh. There are other people who claim its their favorite Zelda. So, you know, love or hate kind of game.

Civilization 1? (A bead in someone’s headband or something?)

Panel de Pon?

It’s clearly a moogle’s head ball, so I’ll say Final Fantasy 6.

Dr. Mario vs. Street Fighter!