2017 Frame Game

Or the weirdest Alpha Centauri mod?

You got it!

I think I gave away too many clues on the second shot but oh well. It’s straight up AC with no mods.

http://imgur.com/Ql7GQNF

I’ve been on an AC binge lately and oh my Brian Reynolds knocked it ouf the park with the writing and faction backstories. Amazing game I wish would get updated because it’s hard to stomach the old Civ II paradigm of having unit upkeep tied to individual cities until you get clean reactors which feels very OP.

Man’s unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.

– Academician Prokhor Zkharov

How apropos to today’s political climate.

@ArmandoPenblade you might find it cathartic to throw Sister Godwinson into a punishment sphere.

Take it away @Left_Empty

In retrospect, I was way too young to appreciate all this game offered when I played it as a kid, but man, when I looked her character up on a SMAC wiki just now, there was an immediate gut-memory reaction of loathing for that woman. Nice!

Wait, that face was in the main game? I absolutely don’t remember it!
Alpha Centauri is just the absolute sci-fi game. Not based on any property, but summing up all the great ideas of the genre in the most wonderful way. All those various Dune adaptations are so puny in comparison!

As that was unexpected, I will be back with something in a few hours, if I don’t forget about it like a lot of people do!

When you conduct diplomacy with another faction it shows a “bio scan” with accompanying portraits of the faction leader in various stages of their life - from childhood to current. The one I picked was of a a nerdy Zkharov with a penis cap hairdo.

Actually, she happens to be the best video game character of all time.

A bit of a sneaky frame… excepting not sneaky at all, if you ever played the game.

First guess… ARMA: Combat Operations

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

Of course it is!

Oh yes! That’s my boy! That’s my boy!

Awesome dog, awesome frame, awesome game. :)

I totally forgot it was my turn. So here it is:

Something Tom played a few months ago and I can’t remember the name of it at all. It was done by those guys who did a steampunk match3 Tom liked and I didn’t at all… and I can’t remember the name of that game either XD
I think @Chappers got the game.

Are you thinking of Qvadriga?

No, it’s a “2D” action game, but I can’t even remember if it was procedurally generated or a metroidvania.

Ok, that was so specific that I’ll consider yours a correct guess. The steampunk match-3 game you mentioned was Ironcast (which I also liked), and Tom did play this game, the name of which is Seraph.

It’s actually a pretty fun game, one I easily recommend. And I’m impressed you’d remember all that stuff but not the name. :-)

Anyway, take it away, @Left_Empty !

Aah, thank you so much: I couldn’t put a name on it, and Ironcast it was, Seraph it was.
I was looking through my crowded Steam library for Ironcast, and came upon the name but thought it was some poorly done late 19th century naval warfare game for some reason.
What identity those games don’t have in their name, they have plenty visually, as the life bar was instantaneously recognizable to someone who didn’t play the game. I remember also the attack being… weird.

Anyways, something really obscure* now.

######*which means it will probably be figured in the next hour… or never…

axes and acres ?

Meriwether?

No idea what that last one is, but it is much older than Axes and Acres, although it got its first US release through Steam in early 2015.