2017 Frame Game

A Tale in the Desert.

An early Dynasty Warriors?

Jade Empire?

The first game starring Kuzunoha Raido?

My bad, guys. Had to unexpectedly leave home for 24 hours.

Bah. One that I can probably get but I’m stuck traveling.

Hey it’s a Nue! I’ll keep moving on my list of ShinMegaten spinoffs: after Raido, Maken X?

Sometimes I think you guys live in a parallel universe that has games that don’t exist in my own.

World of Furries.

Well since there appear to be two people who more-or-less know what this is, I’m going to post the full screenshot. First person to actually say the name wins.

I’ve seen those yellow/brown/white monsters before, but in a different place that I can’t recall. Maybe Persona? I can’t remember.

They are the design for the Nue mythical beast in the ShinMegaten compendium, so they appear in most of the series, so it could be Persona.
I don’t recall what that particular game is. I think I may have played it little bit (or one in the series, if it was a series?). I remember a game where you could become a monster a persona a… whatever, at least, as implied by the screenshot, but I don’t recall any of those characters at all, nor what the name of the game was, or why I didn’t spend more time with it.

Edit: Maybe I am just mixing the game with Megami Tensei 3? Wasn’t the main character able to transform? This is all becoming just one big blob in my brain…

I’m going to go ahead and give this to @Left_Empty. The PS2 Megaten games share an engine and a lot of assets. Those include the Persona games, Nocturne and probably more? But definitely this one: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Turns out it is one of the most story-lite of the series. It’s the first I’ve played. Just got it recently. It’s more of a straight-up dungeon crawler with some story bits before and after (or at the end of) the dungeons. I’m a very story-centric kind of guy, so I’m a bit disappointed I bought this one before realizing that fact. Apparently it continues directly into DDS2. I’ve made it about halfway through the game and I’m not sure if I’m going to continue it or not. For what little story there is, I AM interested in it. But the dungeons are so grindy with lots of random encounters, and I’ve had to do a lot of grinding to beat certain bosses. When my reward for finally beating a several-hours-long dungeon is only a 1 minute cutscene, I don’t know whether it’s worth continuing. Bleh. Add to that the fact that this game doesn’t have the demon/persona/whatever befriending and party building /customization the rest of the series has (in this, you start the game with a party and you each turn into a different demon), I feel like I bought the dumbed down version of a MegaTen game.

Bleh. Anyway, that’s the game. You’re up, @Left_Empty

Well I feel like I stole that one, as I didn’t remember the game, even it being told to me triggers no response but “ah, that game…”.
Reading your description, I guess there is a reason it didn’t make any strong impression!

Next one will probably be a one-hit-kill.

Edit: to add a bit, I don’t think any of the Shinmegaten game are big about story. Maybe Persona was, although I forgot a lot about that as well. They were more like the punk brother to Pokemon, in my opinion.

Titan Souls?

Nope. Well, it lasted longer than I thought!

Kingdom?

Hyperlight Drifter

The Dig?