2017 Frame Game

Breath of the Wild.

Well, then. That’s… incredible.

That game has a very distinctive color palette. And I knew you played a ton of it, and it wasn’t yet featured in the frame game, so it was a somewhat wild but educated guess. ;)

I suspected something like this - and to be honest, I was so surprised it hadn’t been used I couldn’t pass the opportunity (plus I wanted to beat @CraigM to the punch since he did two previous Zelda games in this space :P).

It’s … beautiful. Love the art in this game.

Well you’d be safe since I own neither a WiiU or a Switch ;)

To be fair, I don’t think those are requirements.:)

Would someone please take my turn? Maybe @Profanicus ?

Okay gimme a bit to come up with something.

Aaaaanddd here we go. I don’t think anyone is getting it from this but you never know:

Children of the Nile?

A cutscene from Age of Mythology?

Serious Sam?

Divinity?

I think that’s actually the roof of a hut or something, not a pyramid.

That’s one helluva tall and pointy rooftop!

Pharaoh or expansion. It looks like a cutscene.

Correct, it’s not a pyramid. Also not a cutscene. :)

The Guild 2?

Damn you. :)

And I thought I’d picked a trickier perspective than the more typical overhead view the majority of the game is played from! ;)

Yes, it’s The Guild 2 - Renaissance, the medieval life simulator. I never quite loved it as much as the original game, and I think I love the idea of it more than the actual game itself. Still, I got some good tooling-around hours out of it and I’m keen to see how The Guild 3 turns out.

Take it away @Left_Empty!

Wow. I pulled a Sherlock on that one: I figured “tons of blur bloom+no AA”=German gaming, the little bar was hinting this was not an RPG (out goes Gothic), and the perspective then reminded me of a Guild game, versus any Patrician sort of thing.
Like you, I enjoyed the first game a lot more than the sequel. The first game had that weird, almost Darklands-ish atmosphere to it, that was lost in the second game.
Now to find something to put in that space!