2017 Frame Game

Apocalypse Now: Door Gunner simulator?

Hmmm, gonna have to say no to all of these. Your targeting computers are definitely dialing in though.

Come on, it’s a flight sim :O
Since it’s not Red Baron 3D, that leaves Flying Corps in those ugly proto-textured 3D days?

I was wondering about a destroyer sim for a bit, but we’re definitely in the sky.

So… Knights of the Sky?

Actually I guessed Red Baron, not Red Baron 3D. If he’s being a stickler for individual entries in a franchise, he could count those as separate choices.

How much of a stickler for individual games in a series will vary from series to series on how visually distinct they are. Like Sonic 2 or Sonic 3? I probably give it (unless the screen was super specific to that game, like the chaos emerald bonus game). If a franchise has a major graphical overhaul, or significant change in setting? I may not. I do try to be fair about it as much as possible.

Heh heh. Nice way to neither confirm nor deny anything in this specific instance :)

Hehe, well I gotta see how things play out without tilting it towards whomever I am replying to ;)

That said, do you have a guess you’d like to make?

Nah; I’ll wait until it circles back around again so Left_Empty can claim his Red Baron 3D guess if he’d like to.

I am so confused with what’s going on here. Sounds like some election process.

Hopefully the Russians don’t try to interfere with the Game Frame Game!

Please grab it: I didn’t guess a thing, just ran over yours (which was right, if you ask me, I tell you, this Craig is a sneaky person!). And you’ll get the privilege of double posting your frames on this and the box thread, trying to not mix them up!

Ok ok, I’ll post up the full when I’m home at a computer but it is Red Baron 3D (I’d also accept Red Baron 2). I debated long over whether to give it for Red Baron, but ultimately felt that graphically they were distinct enough as 3D has a pretty large upgrade in rendering and textures.

Here’s the full frame

Here’s a shot from Red Baron for comp

http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/redbaron2.gif

@nijimeijer

That is indeed quite a difference. I’m old now, and can’t keep these things straight :)

This made me realize that I never played Red Baron 3D and that I need to resolve that deficit, and maybe get back into the genre. The last flight sims I enjoyed were Knights of the Sky, F-117, Aces over the Pacific and of course Red Baron, so I guess I have a lot to catch up on.

Okay, here we go.

Die Hard 2

Get yourself EF2000!

No to both guesses.