2017: Whither Democrats?

Which thread to put this in? Franken tries again:

Well, that’s a step in the right direction, anyway.

Far better statement, I feel.

Wow, so Franken is calling for an ethics investigation INTO HIMSELF?
That’s kind of amazing. I can’t really think of anything more than he could do at this point.

oh to be a fly on the wall at Franken’s office right now

Shitty reporter, your name is Mariam Khan.

I predict Franken gets censured, but survives until 2020 when he steps down or gets primaried out.

Democrat or Republican, Celebrity or Managers, I don’t understand why it’s so hard for them to just treat women properly, and by properly I mean equally and with respect.

Well when you’re a celebrity or politician, they just let you do it. I just start kissing them. I don’t even wait. Just grab them by the pussy.

Maybe if a woman broke his nose the first time he did it, she would have stopped a lifetime of sexual deviance. Instead, women are told we’re not to react violently to what is essentially a violent act.

Menendez trial in NJ ends in a mistrial, jurors apparently deadlocked at 10-2 to acquit.

There’s a lot of really skeevy stuff in the Menendez allegations, but it looks like he survives.

He mad.

SCOTUS essentially made bribery legal after the Bob McDonnell case.

Yep on SCOTUS/bribery.

Senate Ethics committee will now do an investigation on Menendez (they held off in deference to the prosecution). Probably should think about hanging it up by 2020.

Wait, so 10 wanted to acquit, and only 2 wanted to convict?

I can see this, the law has recently interpreted by the Supreme Court to make bribery more difficult to prove to a court. Probably not a good change.