2017: Whither Democrats?

Read this story today in the NYTimes which seems relevant:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/939197406993776640

And so they hired a lawyer, who found a woman looking to put up her newborn girl for adoption. The baby, whom they planned to name Rebecca, was born on April 19, 1962, and when she arrived at the Sandberg house days later, what they saw surprised them.

She was black.

Immediately, Mr. Sandberg said, he thought of the burning crosses and racist taunts, the upheaval in their community over the prospect of black people moving in. Interracial adoptions were far less common then.

“I said at that point that I wasn’t going to go forward with it,” Mr. Sandberg, now 89, recalled.

His wife protested vigorously. She cried. She called on a pastor at the Unitarian church they attended to try to convince him to change his mind. Mr. Sandberg would not budge.

“I thought, ‘My God, how are you going to raise a child in this neighborhood with the way people are feeling about this thing?’” said Mr. Sandberg, the owner of a prosperous manufacturing company. “It just wouldn’t have been great for her.”

The Sandbergs returned the child. A few months later, they adopted a newborn white girl and named her Amy.

I’ll just have to ponder what you left out that was offensive when you left in “they’re simply insane” :)

Pressuring your subordinates to have unprotected sex with you perhaps at the cost of their career is illegal. It’s just not something you necessarily go to your local police station to address.

It’s not illegal enough. The GOP would not resign that fast over that.

And what if his children are not from actual surrogates. What if his children are not his wife’s? GOP members are still human. Maybe he doesn’t want his children to find out by headlines on newspapers.

Do you have a source for this?

Not enough white babies available. And Putin cut off the sweet caucasian baby pipeline.

Fake news~

Trent Franks wife was just admitted to the hospital and he says he’s resigning immediately.

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/939235401381724160
https://twitter.com/politico/status/939236795283361792

The sources said Franks approached two female staffers about acting as a potential surrogate for him and his wife, who has struggled with fertility issues for years. But the aides were concerned that Franks was asking to have sexual relations with them. It was not clear to the women whether he was asking about impregnating the women through sexual intercourse or in vitro fertilization. Franks opposes abortion rights as well as procedures that discard embryos.

And the shoe drops.

And his idea of surrogacy was direct intercourse.

So yeah. “Aggressive surrogacy”

Extreme surrogacy

Also this:

The Handmaids Tale isn’t a bloody instruction manual.

Enhanced surrogacy?

Here’s a fun one: Richard Snyder, the endlessly popular governor of Michigan has scheduled the special election for John Conyers vacated seat to take place in…November of 2018. In other words, with the rest of the Congressional elections.

Conyers’ district will be without representation in the House for nearly a year. That district is the 2nd blue-est district in Michigan.

LOL. These people are just openly ratfucking scumbags.

Politics is a contact sport, folks. Can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

– Gordon, right-wing pundit in training

Is that even legal?