2017: Whither Democrats?

I’m waiting for local state legislative races to shake out here before doing any of my own good fortune. We really need to do good here in 2018.

I know him and I’m going to vote for him. They didn’t call me :(

And Beto isn’t an unusual name in south/central texas.

Speaking of Cruz, saw this beaut shopping today. Texas ain’t all bad.

Ed Royce announces his retirement, and Cook Political immediately flips the California 39th district from Leans R to Leans D.

(That’s Fullerton, Yorba Linda, etc; Royce was winning every two years on his own name recognition, but his district is now 34% Hispanic, 32% Asian, and he very likely saw writing on the wall.)

…and Dennis Kucinich announced he’s running for governor of Ohio. May ~insert diety/spaghetti monster of choice~ help us all.

I was a pretty big Kucinich Stan in '04 and '08, surprising exactly no one on these boards.

lol - true enough. I don’t mind at all what he campaigned on - I’d just prefer a different method of delivery (i.e. - anyone else)

Were you a fan of his in 2017 when he spent a whole lot of his time telling people about how good and misunderstood Donald Trump is?

Kucinich:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/05/18/kucinich_deep_state_trying_to_take_down_trump_our_country_is_under_attack_within.html

Kucinich:

I managed not to hear anything about that at all until your post, but upon doing so, no, I cannot say I am a fan!

Which is unfortunate, because c’mon, how hard is it gonna be to beat this asshole?

http://i.imgur.com/yggih0G.gifv

Mind you, it’s not like Kucinich was without his food-based foibles before he turned into a Trumpista:

In 2011, he sued a Capitol Hill cafeteria for damages after a 2008 incident in which he claimed to have suffered a severe injury when he bit into a sandwich and broke a tooth on an olive pit. The broken tooth became infected, and complications led to three surgeries for dental work. The lawsuit, which had claimed $150,000 in punitive damages, was settled with the defendant agreeing to pay for the representative’s costs.

I’m so glad to know this. I’ve had a deep aversion to political kooks off both parties, ever since I got suckered into voting for Ross Perot.

Don’t trust feyfolk.

Yeah, he’s 100% kook. Most people here know my aversion to Kasich, but Kucinich isn’t too far away on my “list” of disliked politicians.

Billionaire Steyer announces $30 million for Dem House push - The Hill

Worth noting if you don’t click the link that orald posted, his pledge does not carry with it an impeachment pledge litmus test.

Which is good, because until I see evidence to the contrary, I still think that’s a losing issue for Democrats based if nothing else, on history.

We need to be careful with any means of replacing Presidents other than elections.

Natural causes is fine, though.

I’ve always believed that Whitewater and that investigation was a Republican payback for Watergate and Iran-Contra. That isn’t to say you give it a free pass when there’s clearcut wrongdoing, but it is to say, “Be really sure and don’t get out too far in front of your skis.”

Maybe we can convince Steyer that 0.5% of that $30 mil could be earmarked for daily KFC Extra-Crispy Buckets delivered straight to the residence on Pennsylvania Ave.?

Not sure where to post this, but take a look at a presidential election map where geography isn’t given the same weight as population: