2017: Whither Democrats?

Well yeah, it is. But this is Trump country, and these are Trump people. White, working class, suburban and rural. He won this district by 20 points in 2016, so even a narrow Lamb loss should give Trump pause. Would, at least, give a normal human pause.

Alright, I am sold, it’s a slow day at work.

Lamb up 60-40 with 3% reporting!

Worth noting, the areas reporting so far are where Lamb should do well/needs to do well. And so far he’s outrunning the margin he needs. So that’s a nice early sign.

We’ll see. Remember when we thought Clinton was going to win?

Russian trolls are telling me that Republicans are being turned away at the polls.

Of course, this is not true. But folks on the far right are going to be repeating this.

Hmm. Upset brewing?

Also, the best thing suggesting Lamb could win is that all the Trump supporters on TV are already talking about how terrible Saccone is, and how this doesn’t reflect on Trump.

I was promised it would be a very short night. I’m still awake.

This may not be decided for a few hours. Not much at all coming in from Westmoreland County, which is where Saccone will make up margins.

Despite the 58/42 margin at the moment, NYT is predicting Saccone has a higher probability of winning (scroll down to the model predictions):

Folks need to realize that Saccone is almost guaranteed to win.

Yep. It’s almost impossible to make a real good prediction right now without any vote totals from Westmoreland to compare with 2016.

But Saccone is getting the numbers he needs in Greene and Washington where if the voter turnout in Westmoreland is where it’s expected to be, he should win.

Definitely starting to look like Saccone may have eked this out.

And now that we’re seeing vote totals from Westmoreland finally…this is gonna be close.

Lamb doing better than he needs to there, so far.