2017: Whither Democrats?

On twitter, Nate Cohn speculating that their needle may have overreacted to strong vote totals for Saccone in his legislative district in southern Allegheny County.

That’s interesting… the needle is back to 52% chance for Lamb.

Here’s what’s fucked up:
Lamb is the kind of candidate who could likely win in most of America. You could classify him as a moderate of either party. I think he’s the kind of guy who would be good to have in government.

Which means that he would almost certainly never make it through EITHER party’s primary process.

Our parties do not give us good candidates any more. Our parties are bad.

I mean, pretty much this:

I mean, he obviously made it through the PA-18 primary.

And none of the recent Democratic presidential primaries were won by the most liberal candidates.

Unreliable needle ftw!

(Cool band name: “Unreliable Needle”)

Why bring the President’s penis into this?

There was no Democratic primary in PA18.

Why can’t they report the data?

They’re reporting it, but not breaking it down by precinct. That data will eventually become available, but it’s not unheard of in a lot of counties in suburban/rural areas.

Win or lose, a blue wave:

From ABC:

Precincts are starting to report in Westmoreland, the second largest county in the district, which Trump won in 2016 by 34 percentage points. Saccone is currently leading Lamb by 10 percentage points

If they mean Saccone +10 in Westmoreland, that’s terrible for Saccone, right?

Wow so tight, 50.4 to 49 to Lamb with 87% reporting. Still quite a few votes to come out of Alleghany. It looks like Lamb is likely to win it?

Even if he doesn’t win it, it’s gonna be so close that it’s terrible for the GOP. Like, it’ll be less than one point in a district Trump won by 20.

Once the new map prevents fucked up districting like the 18th, the GOP is gonna get murdered in PA.

How much money is my state spending on this, which we have to re-do in a few months?

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/973737278383316992