2017: Whither Democrats?

Thank God

Interesting point -but I think they would have a bigger say on the national narrative by voting for either of the two mainstream parties than do a throwaway vote when the result is expected to be so close.

Yeah that’s true too, probably the only time their vote will get national attention.

I’m curious whether skews Democrat means in result or in who they are sent to. Because in this district, they would slew Democrat just because there are more Democrats there… but they are the kinds of Democrats who voted for Trump and Romney. Democrats have a +6 registration advantage.

Damn this is a squeaker.

Allegheny says its count is all in.

All the votes are in, they are just counting the absentee ballots now.

How long before someone makes the argument that if Russia were interfering, the count wouldn’t be this close?

Seems at least somewhat likely that this result tonight – whichever candidate wins – will result in more retirements from Republican lawmakers.

From your mouth to $Deity’s ears.

We might be done seeing vote totals tonight.

and just when I say that…

haha right as you post that… Lamb up by 95!

That’s 95 people.

95 vote lead. Absentees will decide it.

It would be funny if it came down to a single vote, and then CNN decides to interview a random voter about their decision and the guy says he voted Saccone because his dog told him that Lamb was the Antichrist. Democracy in 2018.

As if on cue, CNN obliges: