2017: Whither Democrats?

I’m in for the Kickstarter. :)

Thanks for that link. I like what I read about Gillum in that article.

That is a terrific article. This is more ‘pragmatic progressivism,’ with a focus on Florida’s own issues. I love it. He sounds more like a mayor talking about getting potholes fixed than a TV pundit telling us all how evil Trump is.

I really want to see the demographics of the FL primary votes. In particular, I wonder about young millenials and post-millenials.

Great. SO i am sure he can focus on the issues and race come up at all because he’s black. oh wait, that’s right…the Trump supporters will still go after him because he’s not white, no matter what he says or what he does. Some of them will be “polite” about it and others will be vile, all with the same reasoning. It’s going to get ugly, fast, and hopefully he’ll be okay.

Interesting choice of wording, eh?

I was surprised to hear him say it. But not surprised that he did, afterwards. I mean, Trump likes the guy. He has to be a racist scumbag.

Just in time for this year’s WH Intern photo. Guess how many non-whites there are! Nevermind, it’s not for you to see.

I see hmm, 6 obviously non-Caucasian faces in that photo. Only one would appear to definitely be African-American, most of the others I would characterize as Indian Subcontinent.

Of course I don’t want to make conclusions just on that basis, but all I have to go on is a photograph that isn’t very clear.

Surely they will release a better photo. They just need to make sure they don’t monkey it up.

If it has 3 headshots and a full moon, I will take one in each color.

I counted 2 African American men (both on the right in the middle-ish), one guy that might be AA although his face looks more South Asian or Middle-Eastern, 4 or 5 more South Asian guys, one South Asian woman, one East Asian guy and the rest all white people. So under 10 non-whites in that ocean of faces.

“Let me be…‘articulate’ and clear…”

Ohmydotgif

Yeah, I voted for Graham, but I’ll happily vote for him when the time comes.

As WKHE pointed out yesterday, Andrew Gillum gonna drag Bill Nelson across the finish line in Florida, just like everyone predicted back in January. ;D

Any idea where Cruz vs Beto stands right now, on more reliable polls?

A best guess would be Beto down by 4-7 points. But with momentum.

GOP announced that they’re going to absolutely pour money into that race now, which should be a good indicator of what Cruz’s internal polling is saying.

Of course, the Texas GOP’s first salvo in this war was to show a picture of Beto’s album cover with his band back in the day, and suggest that Beto might be too busy “with a gig” to debate Ted Cruz.

Message actually sent: the Democratic candidate is pretty goddamn cool, and like most Texans only wants to talk to Ted Cruz when that’s absolutely necessary. Thanks Texas GOP!

After seeing him speak, I can’t imagine he’d do anything but make mincemeat out of Cruz in a debate. Now whether or not that would sway the vote in November, who knows? Would be a great upset for the country if he’s able to beat him though.