2017: Whither Democrats?

Banning straws, for one. Fuck that noise.

Left wing nuts ban litter, right wing nuts ban actual people. Both sides!

Strawmen are people too. :(

Berniebros.

You won’t get too many bounces, don’t worry.

Every time someone wants Democrats to stand for something beyond being a Republican who isn’t racist, someone will warn about the dangers of a left tea party to shut down dissent against the establishment. Then they will wonder why the people they ignored and attacked didn’t turn out for them.

When you guys complain about how trump takes money to enrich himself and then does stuff to pay back his donors, that is the exact reason people want to get money out of politics. Trump should have showed people that the political system needs reform desperately.

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1037724151237279744
https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1037725038592643072

A left-wing Democrat? Ms. Salazar, 27, was a registered Republican at one point, and was the leader of a Right to Life group while attending Columbia University. She also did not graduate, though her website implies that she did.

slow clap

Maybe don’t run this candidate.

Sounds like a plan.

Theft and failing to graduate college? She fits right into the modern GOP, they’ll take her back with open arms.

But it will be the Dems fault, not hers.

I’m all for rehabilitation but let’s not replace existing democrats with the first person who comes along that speaks well and plays to hearts without some due diligence.

She is up against the Democratic incumbent in the primary on Sept 13th I guess. Looks like he did his homework.

Probably worth noting that the charges were dropped and she won a defamation lawsuit against the person who accused her of the crime so… not totally clear what’s going here.

Well that’s a huge difference.

Damn. Yeah, that changes the narrative more than a little. Old school dirty politics.

This, this is a good poll.

As Nate said:

An extra point or two can have a MASSIVE impact!

And to be clear, I’d still classify the Dems and the Senate as a long shot. But with Tennessee and Texas in play and Nelson having closed ground on Scott in Florida after Gillum’s primary win…

…Well, I’m saying there’s a chance. :D

I saw someplace that she won because the guy ran out of money to defend himself, so… who fucking knows.
I’m fairly sure the state of New York can find someone else who doesn’t lie about their college if nothing else.