2017: Whither Democrats?

There may be 50 people with that label right now. I can’t imagine he’ll survive the round or two of cuts, though. There’s just no way a man who openly antagonizes the progressive wing wins too many primaries.

Where and by whom?

I think he’s torpedoed his chances at President with his New York legislature triangulation antics. He’ll win re-election to Governor, but he’s a dead man walking otherwise.

Those bastards…… :)

To this day I’m not sure I’ve heard a more persuasive liberal politician than Mario Cuomo – not Clinton, not Obama, not Bernie…

I sort of feel the same way and same affection for his pop.

That being said, I would suspect that the persuasiveness of a politician greatly depends on your age at hearing them make their respective cases.

something something idealism of youth something something old cynical bastards

Side note: Is it wrong that EVERY time I see his name, I think of this guy?

Yes, it’s wrong. You should think of this guy:

Yeah. In retrospect Mario Cuomo may not have been the perfect shining image of all a politician should be. But he was a superb orator, and casually superior in terms of policy and position to almost all his contemporaries as well as the vast majority of Democrats today.

Well, as liberal politicians go, he was no FDR. He wasn’t even Humphrey. Times change.

Obama winning hearts and minds.

I mean, that may not mean a ton, but it can’t hurt to have a big GOP donor in Ohio turn the taps off.

I worked as a security guard at the Jewish Anti Defamation League in NYC, across from the UN. I did regular rounds of the whole building. I’ll never forget my surprise when I entered the penthouse for the first time. It was a shrine to Hubert Humphrey. I found a few pictures of it online before but can’t find any now.

Wow, that’s cool!

I found the comment I made in another forum. The link is, sadly, dead.

I worked as a security guard at the ADL many, many years ago. On the very top floor of the building is (or was, I can’t speak about now) an entire large room devoted to Hubert H. Humphrey. It looked very much like a shrine. There was a large bronze bust of HHH. And a bronze plaque as well. Searching for pictures of this large room I found this. But not much else.

Fucking LOL

I mean, who does Michael Bloomberg thinks votes in Democratic Primaries?

Obviously wealthy republicans.

I’m starting to think he might be a little out of touch.

I’m sure that has nothing to do with the fact that he’s pushing 80, has more money than God, and is surrounded by sycophants.

I think old rich people are genuinely alarmed by the ascendancy of the (for lack of a better term) Ocasio-Cortez wing of the Democratic party.