2017: Whither Democrats?

Getting close to Ralston’s 'firewall." Trump is getting nervous, he is dispatching Jr and Eric to visit on Friday.

Just what we need.

Do we get to say ‘false flag’ operation?

Nope. Because we aren’t lying scumbags.

I hate being the good guys.

not that id be at all surprised by a false flag. it does seem like all of the ones ive heard about originated on the right. waiting to hear more facts, of course.

Good points. I will certainly look forward to them catching the person who did it. Either way.

As a fellow Mainer, I was pleased to hear this news earlier today. Apparently Caron was actually dead last in the polls and the other independent, Terry Hayes, says she’s staying in to the end. Hopefully she won’t pull too many votes from Mills. I am so looking forward to ditching LePage, and we don’t need LePage 2.0.

Like the woman who carved the backwards b into her own forehead.

Narrator: “It didn’t.”

RE: Hillary again.

Fucking A.

Fuck that, fuck her, fuck this.

We’re fucked if that happens. I’m tired of Hillary and the Clintons as the Democratic albatross around our neck we are forced to wear.

Keep your breeches on. This is a nothing burger. She isn’t even trying to run, just that she would like to be president. So would I (not really, but I would make the sacrifice if Trump was no longer president).

It’s just the media wanting a bait click headline.

As President, how would you pay for the wall?

Do you mean my pantsuit? (Thank you, I’m here all week, folks.)

Upon investigation, you’re exactly right. Sorry, I got my blood pressure up for nothing.

That’s easy, I would raise taxes on Douchebaggery. I think it would bring in a ton of money. It might bankrupt Trump, but I’m sure he’ll agree, it’s well with it.

Score a huge victory for the right-wing propaganda machine! They brought down a smart, highly experienced, progressive, female candidate for the Presidency by sheer force of persistent will over a couple of decades and even made her own side unreasonably hate her. Tactics validated, deploy indefinitely.

While I agree that they certainly used that technique, please don’t apply that to me, Matt. I’ve voted as a democrat for many years, and I have a huge understanding of a lot of their agenda. Hillary was not the candidate I wanted. I voted for her out of respect to the party and the hideousness of Trump as the insane GOP nominee.

Please don’t sweep me under the right-wing mind control rug.

OK, I can respect that. I guess I was responding to “Fuck that, fuck her, fuck this.” She just doesn’t merit that amount of vitriol. She was a good candidate. She would have been a good president. But she’s not running again and never said she was.

That’s fair. My amount of lowly caffeinated vitriol was fueled by the fact that, even if she were to join, she would sink every other Democratic candidate. She is experienced, but she’s proven to be a loss, and the GOP would fuel the hell out of her again, just to sink her again. Thus my albatross comment.

To her credit, she is experienced, she is a tough competitor, and she would honestly make a great president. But I want to describe her as the Democratic party of the early 2000s, and we need a candidate of the Democratic party 2020.