2017: Whither Democrats?

Yeah, I missed it. These women vets don’t have to be conservative. They can’t be Pelosi, but they can be pretty liberal.

I have yet to see proof that running a vet nationally is some secret magic sauce. Jason Kander lost in MO, but he’ll win those places nationally now? Obama and Clinton won rust belt states, neither of whom were viewed as moderates or conservatives, neither of whom had any ties to the military, and both of whom were accused of being godless communists. (They both were generationally gifted orators, and if that’s the secret code then we’re all boned.)

The funny (not funny) thing is folks on this board just repeat shit without offering any kind of compelling reasoning or logic, just “She’s just like Hillary” without a scintilla of evidence. Just, this is the way it is, anyone who disagrees is just hyper-partisan or stupid, and then proceed to moon over Biden for some bizarre reason.

Again, I’m not shilling for Warren, I want someone younger, but if people are gonna trash all over “ultra liberal” women who are “hated” and “just like Hillary” without offering ANY kind of rational proof, then why should anyone listen to opinions on who should win the nomination?

But Warren who didn’t do great in New England and Beto who lost in Texas is gonna win the charge?

Clinton lost every single rust belt state. It’s why she’s not President.
Are we in the same reality? Cause in this one, Clinton lost and we’re dealing with President Trump and this whole experiment might be over. Maybe in Universe B she won, but over here, she lost.

No we live in these states. And you ignore everything we say even though we’re on your side, you act like we’re the enemy.

You mean like polls or something?

Where she barely beats Trump, while Biden and Sanders do really well against her? Those kind of facts and proof?

I suspect the reference was to Bill, not Hilary.

Who gives a fuck about Bill. And he extremely moderate.
If anything that proves my point. Bill was basically a Republican.

:slowly backs away from conversation:

You mean like when, a year out, Hillary led Trump by 20 points? Like before any campaign? That sort of facts and proof?

I’m not sure why you’re beating this horse, really.

No you guys are right. That’s why the Democrats control all the levers of power.

Oh wait. Steve King says hi.
And Seig Heil.
Oh that Steve. Better run an internet psychic against him again, that’ll work this time.

feeding this fed horse.

please stop using such dangerous anti-animal language,

No horses were harmed by this comment.

What an anti-animalist.
Disgusting.

euthanizes thousands of house pets and tosses the carcasses in a pile

edit: ah, we already went 'round that bend. sorry

This isn’t true. In party registration states, about 40% of registered voters are Democrats and R&I’s split the rest. This, of course, tells us little about party preference numbers. When asked how voters see themselves (party affiliation), Independents do tend to outnumber Democrats by 1-10% or so. (The numbers fluctuate wildly.) But when I’s are asked whether they lean D or R, they split heavily for team D. This is consistent.

Except that more Americans voted for Hillary than Trump. If you’re talking about election results then Trump won. But if you’re using the vote as an indication of voter preference, Hillary was the clear choice.

I think younger people is probably correct. I think military background is not. Vets lost most elections where they ran against non-vets in the last 40 years. Military experience doesn’t matter.

Whelp I’m done.
http://i.imgur.com/weLp6I2.gif

?? Did I say something inaccurate? You’re backing slowly away from facts? When Americans were asked to put a mark on paper indicating their preference for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump as president, 3 million more of them chose Hillary. That’s a fact. I’m not suggesting an election strategy based on this. Clearly D’s need to consider the electoral college when determining strategy. But it is true that Americans, in general, wanted Clinton more than Trump. This might be useful to understand voter ideology.

Sorry, I believe my statement was confusing.
I didn’t mean that more people were REGISTERED as Independents, but that AMONG registered voters (rather than just the population at large), Independents outnumber Democrats.

In terms of actually being registered as an independent, you need to realize that in many states (like mine), we do not have open primaries. As a result, virtually everyone picks a major party, even though we don’t necessarily identify with them.

Even in the past, when I was a registered Republican, I didn’t really identify as one, since I was always so far off from them on most social issues. Nowadays, I’m registered as a Democrat, but I don’t think I would really call myself one. They’re just better than the GOP.

They will always take. This is part of their playbook. They can make anything stick because the GOP knows how to control the narrative. Just look at this topic right here. They’re getting people who are not even in their party to dismiss someone in their party over non-issues, stupid shit, and why, why… because the GOP says it’s important. They’re giving directives to the Democrats and we’re freaking falling for this bullshit again.

Do not give that to them. They don’t have a right to it. This is what they do. Warren should run if she wants to run. We pick the best candidate and we do not allow the GOP to thin it out. They will make shit up on anyone who is chosen, anyone. And it will stick because facts don’t matter. Those people are a lost cause… ignore them.

Not saying I want likes on this forum, but

This exactly. If anyone has a chance to return us to a somewhat more civil politics, it’s Klobuchar. She’s calm, thoughtful and nice. I’ll vote for any Democrat at the top of the ticket (now that Avenatii is out), but I hope she gets the spot.

I think there is nothing Dems can do to bring back civility in politics, because Dems had basically nothing to do with its departure. When one side wants a war, what you get is a war.