2017: Whither Democrats?

The biggest single mouthpiece for the left is also the biggest proponent of purity tests. Might as well call them the Chapo Wing of the party at this point.

At any rate, here’s the biggest problem for Democrats, “The Left”, Liberals, whatever…

…they keep fucking talking about 2020. It’s like a damned disease.

Look at this thread as an example, just from today.

There are some amazingly progressive politicians running in 2018 and in primaries for 2018 elections still coming up. I know a senate race in Arizona that looks like it still leans Republican isn’t sexy. I know that state house races are really dull.

But that’s where the focus should be, if you’re really interested in actual resistance and not just play-acting at it. Best thing to happen to Trump and Republicans in general would be for progressives to once again over-focus on the national four year elections again.

It’s a fair point, but I think terms like ‘denial and deflection’ obscure the fact that the American electorate voted in an incredibly reckless, mean-spirited, and idiotic way in 2016. It’s not enough to say Trump won because the Dems fielded a bad candidate. Trump won because Americans voted for a narcissistic, xenophobic, bigoted con-man. That in itself is a serious fucking problem, independently of the Dems’ nomination process. It’s almost like there’s some weird victim blaming going around. “It’s YOUR fault we nominated and then elected a nihilistic sociopath!!”

Beat me to it. My Rep is already openly a white supremacist and no one gives a shit.

Steve King is a hard core piece of shit.

I’m somewhat afraid he’ll campaign door to door one year and I’ll shoot him in the face.

Hey, sometimes those things happen. Gotta defend your castle man.

Would having Steve King show up on your doorstep unscheduled create a reasonable fear for your life and safety?

edit: Damnit, Timex! You beat me to the joke! (Well done.)

I suppose it’s worth being explicit. I of course in no way advocate anything but a polite, “Please leave, I don’t want to talk to you,” in anything remotely resembling reality. A castle doctrine joke was just too hard to pass up.

Are you black, brown, female, non-straight, non-cis, poor, liberal, progressive, middle class, atheist, Jewish, Muslim, the wrong sort of Christian, or named “Isadore”?

Then yes.

I mean… historically having a Nazi show up at your door unannounced was never a good thing.

Yez, hallo. I vould like to haff zee crumpets und tea, da?

IMG_0447

Ja?

Sorry, my painfully offensive German accent is actually one of my worst.

Still better than my Irish accent, which always sounds a little [stereotypically] gay and very drunk.

How about a glass of milk?

I somehow suspect punching would be involved, these days

I mean I certainly would. If they didn’t have at least a broken nose I’d consider myself a failure.

So say we all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huoVOe7Rwok

That shit never gets old.
Never.