2017: Whither Democrats?

That’s the death of argument right there though. As soon as that person threw a fist, Spencer won.

No, I don’t think he did at all.

We don’t need to have an academic argument about why Nazis are bad, or why their ideology is bad. We’ve had those discussions. That stuff is settled.

Punching him lets him know that he should be afraid to try to oppress other people like that.

And he should be afraid.

Let Old Hoss Radbourn set you right.

https://twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn/status/895840954002919425

So basically, the old “might makes right” argument. But it’s ok in our case because we’re on the side of the angels, and I can’t imagine a case where someone might try to instill a rule of law against us with their own fists. The only thing punching a person has ever taught them is that it sucks to get punched.

Spencer’s a fascist. He does fascist things. You’re not going to teach him anything.

This is a silly idea. If Canada uses price controls to keep prices low, or negotiates lower prices, or subsidizes them, or whatever, the solution is to do the same here. Not to bypass the United States legal system. We could put people on buses and drive them to emergency rooms in Canada to get healthcare too – we’d save so much money.

As a stunt the bill is effective, but not as an actual policy.

He’s a nazi living in the modern US. That’s about the only thing he’s going to learn.

But just to be sure, we should make sure to have repeat lessons as often as possible.

We’re punching Nazis in the face, not killing him. The assailant can still be punished, but I will not shed a tear for depriving humans who think other humans don’t deserve to live by circumstance of birth from getting a mic.

We’ve actually covered this, in detail, already.

The reason why this guy is different, is because his ideological beliefs involve him choosing to remove himself from the social contract. He abandoned society, and thus its protections, when he decided to advocate for the complete elimination for the rights of others.

Once he has done this, punching him is fine.

This does not apply to anyone else, based on mere disagreement.

It applies only to Nazis, or others who believe it is ok to violate the rights of others who exist peacefully within society. Additionally, renouncing those beliefs would allow him to re-enter society’s protective umbrella, and then it wouldn’t be ok to punch him.

I actually feel a bit sheepish about posting that video. Call it a guilty pleasure.

I don’t advocate violence within the bounds of a civil society, but I also think that arguing with Nazis is about as useful now as it was in 1942. Back then, of course, there were too many of them to ignore.

As long as there are below a certain number of Nazis in the U.S., it’s viable to ignore them and outvote them. If they should ever increase in number to the point where they would control the government, then they will be impossible to ignore and the only correct things to do would be a) bug the fuck outta there, or b) get all Sophie Scholl and/or Stauffenberg on their asses. And very likely die in so doing.

Needless to say I sincerely hope things don’t get to that point.

Rule of law doesn’t apply to nazis. Got it.

I’m not sure anyone here is saying that punching a Nazi shouldn’t be met with the same legal consequences as assaulting anyone else, by the way. Leastways I’m not.

No, I don’t gather that from your statements specifically. Quite a few others though.

I agree that 2018 is a time to go for wins with whoever you got. 2020 is when each branch of the Dems gets to determine which version of the Dems is the one that’s gonna fix things. It makes a real difference how they do it.

Nope the dude who punched him can go to jail. I’ll still thank him for punching a Nazi though. Get those fuckers back in the holes they crawled out of. If Nazis’ aren’t scared to reveal themselves in public, we’re not doing it right.

All right, if you’re willing to pay the price, by all means commence to punchin’.

CHRIST PEOPLE NOT THE NAZI DEBATE AGAIN

I really wish you guys would let me know when the scheduled Nazi arguments happen in the future. I can’t keep up with every thread, for chrissakes.

Says the one with an Abradolf Lincler avatar.

Prepare to be emancipated from your inferior genes!