2017: Whither Democrats?

Bad singing can be the path to fame and fortune.

If I was Helmer, I’d make a solemn pledge never to sing in public again if elected.

Importance: this essentially covers the same area of the Congressional seat held by Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who is a Republican not running for reelection in 2018.

An entirely fair and important point. You’re correct that the stat we’re usually referencing is R’s only, when the general trendline is tracked by totals. Thank you for the correction. I hope you’re also correct that this will be a wave. I’m just (perhaps overly) cautious about getting too optimistic too soon.

I thought this was a pretty fascinating, and perhaps chillingly accurate bit of self-awareness:

Kyrsten Sinema makes it official: Game on, Jeff Flake.

Wow… what an interesting candidate. She’s a blue-dog democrat who voted against Pelosi for speaker. She’s a bisexual athiest. And then there’s the “grew up in a log cab… er, abandoned gas station” story.

And here’s her district breakdown in 2016:

Clinton 55-38%, McCain 48-47%, Sinema 61-39%

All things being equal, she’s about as strong a challenger as the Democrats could’ve hoped for in AZ.

Finally, a candidate that I would like to have a beer with!

Kasich making some angry noises. Could be something. Might not be anything.

He stared to say, “Not at this time,” when asked if he would run as an independent, but didn’t finish the sentence. Still, his hatred of Trump is no secret. However, going independent is as far as Kasich would ever conceivably go. No way that guy is ever switching parties.

The enemy of my enemy and all, but I wouldn’t care to share a party with that asshole.

Agreed.

Ice cream forking motherfucker.

There’s a political guy here in Washington, Chris Vance, staunch Republican (heck, he was the HEAD of the Washington State Republican Party for a number of years) that announced the other day that he’s left the Republican Party, and is now an Independent. He isn’t actually running for anything anymore, but he’s going to try to build an Independent political party here in the NW (and perhaps nationwide). He’s been an avid Trump hater since day 1, thtough.

IMG_0552[quote=“ArmandoPenblade, post:1761, topic:126881, full:true”]
Ice cream forking motherfucker.
[/quote]

These not-Trump Republicans just don’t have a base to be viable- very few Dems would go for them, the Blue Dogs have pretty much become something else these days, most Republicans, some Bernie supporters.

Only about 10% of the country would vote for Kasich.

Long as a non-trivial portion of them are in PA, MI, WI, OH, FL, VA, NC, that’s enough.

I think it would be 5% of each party’s voters. My Trump-supporting parents would probably go for Kasich- at least until a few months ago, before they got even more radicalized.

I mean, it’s what, 20,000 mentally challenged people in PA or WI decided this thing against the worst candidate since Dukakis?

Sorry for the Daily Beast article but VA Governor race isn’t looking so good (current polling shows the race within the margin of error.)