2018 2nd RTS Tournament, Voting Run Off!

Does AoE3 work in a tournament?

I dunno, I mean, it’s an RTS? Not sure about the multiplayer/tech issues you guys are dealing with.

Edit, or do you mean because of the Home City stuff? I think you can still do skirmishes, dunno how one balances for home city inequality though.

Yeah, I meant the home city card unlock stuff.

Because if they have a good solution for that, I’d definitely be down for a AoE3 tournament.

Yeah, I think the cards hold it back.

I love the home cities, and being able to buy stuff with XP, and I hope Age of Empires 4 has that, but not the cards.

I wish they handled the cards more like Age of Mythology, where you could select a faction at each age that unlocks abilities and units.

Looking at the voting, I think I will have to sit the next round out, since I don’t own either of the games, but that fine.
Too bad we don’t have a way of posting the tournament games on Twitch or YouTube. I would love to watch the games.

People could stream the games on Twitch and maybe Tom could use Twitch’s hosting feature to highlight the stream on the Qt3 channel.

Yeah, gating the cards behind xp progression and then having it separate for sp and mp did the game no favors.

To everyone who thinks they can bribe me to change my vote! Thank you! I think you already have the game in the bag, but I will be happy to join in.

Man, it’s still pretty close, but if there is a winner, that will be the game. By the way, tonight, 9:30 PM est, we will be running a few comp Stomp games. We will be playing DoW 1 Soul Storm (which is currently on sale on the Humble Bundle Store) Joinon discord in the Monday Comp lStomp channel. If there are enough people, we will probably play a few other games as well.

Tooth and Tail is 50% right now on Steam for those that don’t have and didn’t buy it over the weekend for the full price!

Okay, we’ll be closing up the voting at 9:00 PM EST. Currently, it looks like Offworld Trading Company will be the game of choice but maybe some last minute changes will happen.

Keep in mind, we’ll be starting in late February, so you’ll have some time to practice beforehand.

Again, if we get a good amount of participation, we’ll be hosting the third tournament. Looking at how the voting is going, I wouldn’t be surprised if both Tooth and Tail and Offworld Trading Company get to have back to back tournaments.

So, we have a winner. Offworld Trading Company! We will set up a new thread with information about the tournament, but I did want to make a special announcement. Both @Chappers and @vyshka provided me with a key for Offworld Trading Company, so I have an extra key to give away. The rules are simple. You must have voted in this or the previous polls and must be willing to participate in the Offworld Trading Company Tournament. Just let me know if you want it, and I will send it out.

Huzzah!

btw, I’d be happy to play the winner of the tournament, if you guys are interested.

Maybe!

Looking at the voting, and considing that we don’t do repeats, there is a good chance that Tooth and Tail will be on our tournament schedule sometime, so picking that game up now while it is on sale might be a good idea.

As it was so close, why don’t you do Tooth & Tail for March.

As far as I’m concerned, I’d want to do T&T and CoH as the two next games automatically based on these results, then take another vote after those.

We are live. Three and a half weeks to get signed up and familiarized with the game, if you would like to participate. Format will be best-of-3 instead of a single game per round, this time, due to the shorter game times. DLC ownership is encouraged but not required, and players must both opt-in to using DLC for it to be available as per the rules.

The thread for second-place candidate Tooth and Tail is now up, starting in just under four weeks. Signups began early to take advantage of a well-timed Humble sale, so feel free to hop in.

I see what you did there.

Offworld!

That tournament is finishing up this week. @RothdaTheTruculent gets to play Soren if he wants after going 4-0 and only dropping one game in the 4 rounds.