2018 Frame Game

Gratuitous Space Battles 2?

Neither of those. Nothing more to keep hidden now, really, so I’ll post the full image.

I reckon you have a day or so to name the game before this counts as a loss.

I know what it is but I’ll never remember how it’s called.

It’s like Escape Velocity: Nova, except that’s not it.

Inspired by it, indeed.

I guess that’s a no then. The game is called Endless Sky.

It’s still in early access, missing some story lines and a bit of end-game content, but I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the old Escape Velocity games. And you can’t really argue with the price. No free-to-play elements, either.

Hah, I knew I had seen it before, but the only game that came to mind was Trascendence.

Well, here’s a new one to try.

Anno 2205. AKA the only recent Anno game that hadn’t been featured in this game yet. ;)

Jurassic World Evolution ?

Are there not enough released games that we must scrape the early access barrel?

Stronghold 2

No to all those guesses.

Maybe it would be more precise to say it’s in continuing development. I think it’s more of a fan project, really, the sort that progresses in fits and starts and may never be “finished”.

Nonetheless, it’s worth playing if you’re a fan of the original series, and I thought it warranted a place here to draw to people’s attention if nothing else.

Settlers 7?

That rock is freaky-familiar.

Yeah, which is partly why I went with Anno (Ubisoft and all).

That’s not 2205. First, it’s been done. Second, I’m currently replaying that (again) and the meat icon looks different.

Not that either. Have a little architecture to help out.

I’ve come across Endless Sky before but completely ignored it because it’s free, and free games are usually DLC ridden trash aimed at 14 year olds.

But an EV:N clone? Sign me up! (I also knew it wsn’t Transcendence, and that’s the only other EV:N clone I’ve played).

The latest game: Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients?

Very true. Perhaps we should start a thread for free games that aren’t obnoxious. :)

Hope you enjoy it. I’ll have to look up Transcendence the next time I’m feeling like playing one of these games.

Not that, I’m afraid. Much closer to the correct time period though.

Yeah, it does. But the blue background tricked my memory. Hard. ;)