2018 Frame Game

frame%202

It looks like a “modern” 2.5D fps game. So Strafe?

I’d like to say not at all, but that’d be misgiving.

frame%203

Some kind of 2.5D Descent clone?

Unfortunately the only Descent clone I can think of is Sublevel Zero, and that’s fully 3d.

Dark Forces?

Nope, getting… colder!

frame%204

Dark Forces 2

EF2000 … it had aerial refueling right?

EF2000

It had refueling! That snap is from one of my early exploits a couple of weeks ago, my first manual refueling. I was so proud of myself.

All that time playing flight sims in the '90s was good for something!

Ok, here’s the next one:

Divinity: Original Sin

Nope … here’s some more

Just Cause 3

Nope … I’ll put a little more up, maybe the shape of an island will help.

Crysis?

Whoa that’s impressive. At the time I could never pull it off, too bad a framerate, too bad a joystick, too bad a pilot lol. Even with modern toys like the high-res stick, the VR helmet and a monster computer, I still have a very hard time sticking the thing in the thing and keeping it there. So it’s to you I doff my hat, good Sir!

Thanks! I hadn’t had the strategy guide in hands yet, and I was still using an XBox gamepad, so that first success took me over 20 minutes to concretize, overtaking the 767 quite a few times — that depressing moment when you circle around to try again and notice the plane is now “up there”, seemingly out of reach.
I had bound the airbrakes to one of the triggers (something that will be advised in the strategy book, actually), but half the time it didn’t work and stuck the airbrakes in a given position, causing more harm than good. Strangely, no such issue with the wheel brakes bound the same way.

I was a bit sad when after carefully aligning my plane, in the end, it just “snapped” into place.

Now, with the proper stick, it is so much easier to navigate around the plane. The airbrakes are still an issue.
If refueling becomes an issue or is simply too time-consuming, there is a shortcut to skip it (or any part of the game one doesn’t fancy for that matter). EF2000 is so player-friendly: I can go as hardcore or casual as I want to, with a single keypress, depending on the mood of the moment!

For the current frame, Assassin’s Creed: Olympus?

EF2000 was such a great game. Wish there was a modern version of it. Whatever happened to DID anyway? They tried an ‘operation flashpoint’ with ‘wargasm’ but it didn’t quite work out.

Dead Island?

Nothing so far …