2018 Frame Game

I am onto something, but it’s too late now :D

Seraph?

Man, now I want to post another frame to see if you’re right :P

@Chappers also not it.

Hilarious I was going to point out in the beginning that you shot this with an actual camera (you monster you).

Templar Battleforce?

Now lets see if those who noticed something odd, can put together what it is.

I am 97% sure that this is a SNES game that I have played, and that you’re playing on a SNES Classic.

I can’t remember which, though. That fire-creature is so familiar.

R-Type?

(and you’re playing in an arcade cabinet?)

I would have thought this was some emulator with some quite smooth filter running on something like a Switch, or maybe a Vista.
I thought this was a vertical shoot’em’up, but since it isn’t tate, and nobody is shooting on the snap, I refuse to take a guess at what is a gratuitous spit on the liberty and right to shoot at aliens we fought for for years and years.

Someone is on the right track, but I will preface this by saying to remember who posted the frame. Both for the game selection, and my affinity for misdirection ;)

Chrono Trigger? ;)

No, but great game. And one I actually did at some point using the fight with Lavos.

My mind is imploding so I’ll go with some Terranigma remake being streamed from Steam to an iPad with an aperture grille put on top of the camera’s lens :O

Only because @rhamorim took the Chrono out of my mouth.

No, though I love the specificity (that is also wrong, it was taken using an iPhone while juggling two children and trying to minimize glare)

I honestly did not expect it to go this far, so I made more frames. I know, know, someone is gonna get this. Don’t make me post more frames :P

(I have two more, but they pretty much are dead giveaways. I hope)

Great track name on this one. No idea what the game is! Let’s say… Some kind of Contra!

Glad you caught it! They were all chosen for a reason

But not this reason. But you can, and should, play this game once it’s revealed.

Secret of Mana?

So it is Secret of Mana. Specifically the end of the game. And that is a super spell version of Fireball. I was going through and all of a sudden that popped out, and caught me off guard. Turns out that at level 8 all magic spells get a super version that increases in probability as you go towards 8:99.

So I wanted a picture of that, in the Mana Fortress. Which meant… picture on my phone since I don’t have a way setup to screencap from my SNES Classic. You can see the SNES logo in the top right even. @ArmandoPenblade I know you just got one, so get to it ;)

So it was hard for me to say nothing as several of your guesses were oh so close

Yep! I need to find ten spare minutes to plug it in and scoot my workout bike in front of the TVand then it’s gonna be nothing but JRPGs and weight loss for me, yessirree!