2018 Frame Game

Castle of Illusion?

Superhot?

Sonic the Hedgehog?

Agents of Mayhem?

Red Tongues of Doom

Nope to all. New clue as soon as I get home from work.

Shadow Warrior?

Prey? The new one?

Nope and nope!

that Dragonball 2.5d fighting game?

Slime Rancher?

Something about the way you unblock stuff out makes it really hard for me.

In this particular image or any of mine? Sorry my lines aren’t neat - being super lazy with a big erase brush in Paint.NET. :)

No correct guesses so far. New image this afternoon.

Any of the ones that use that erase brush technique.

For me it’s because it ends up making shapes in what I assume sometimes are formless? I’m having trouble explaining…

When it’s rectangular sections being unblocked my brain doesn’t try to make the rectangles into shapes, but when it’s more like a blob, then I give it shape. i.e. if you unblocked a rectangle of a desert texture I might think, oh wow, that’s a desert. But if you did the same with a oddly shaped circle, I’d probably think, oh, is that an orange?

Could just be me being dumb! :D

I would greatly prefer difficult reveals of well-known games over standard reveals of obscure indie games no one’s ever played…

@arrendek Same here. My brain thinks those are proper shapes and not just random bits being revealed. Like, my immediate response to the first image Vesper posted was of thinking those were rose pedals or maybe sakura (cherry blossoms).

As for a guess, I’m sure if I was familiar with the game, I’d know it from the UI bits you’ve shown. But I’m not. So I’ll guess a game in which I’ve seen a similar palette (and don’t recall its UI). Planetside 2?

Arguably, I could reveal things with nice even lines to make you think it’s something it’s not anyway. That’s jut the nature of the beast when revealing only tiny bits of pictures.

No right guesses yet. This is not an obscure indie game no one’s played, though.

Oh I don’t think it’s your fault. It’s just the way our brains interpret the data. Probably a bit early for me to guess again, but, Destiny 2?

Agents of Mayhem?